jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Suddenly unposted, no email explaining why, no icon indicating problem

1. Ryurek profile image60
    Ryurekposted 6 years ago

This is my first attempt here so if I'm doing something stupid, please feel free to let me know. I posted a basic hub and it went live and all was fine. 7 visitors later it's back in red writing indicating it's not posted. No icons indicating a problem, no funny type indicating what happened, no email explaining whats going on.

Gotta say I'm not too impressed, but again...I respect that I'm a newbie and probably just don't get something.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think the 7 views may have just been HP's and then the result of that moderation was ,ie unpublished.

Read this too:

http://hubpages.com/faq/

Hope it helps and keep asking questions,I do and Ive been here for ages now.

Welcome btw smile

2. theherbivorehippi profile image80
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

Welcome! Quite often things get published and then once they are viewed they need moderation....it's happen to most of us, don't get discouraged.

I just want to verify....the hub is written in red or is it highlighted in pink? If it's highlighted, it needs revision and there should be some type of warning at the top of the hub. I've never heard of them just going back to unpublished status. Can you go back in, click edit and then try to publish again. Perhaps this will give you a warning or maybe....did you edit something and forget to actually confirm that you wanted it published again?

3. psycheskinner profile image86
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

If you open the hub the problem should be at the top if the page, click on it for more details.

4. Ryurek profile image60
    Ryurekposted 6 years ago

It's red type on a white background, no pink background. The hub at the top just says "This Hub is not published, only you can see it."

I did glance through the faq, but nothing regarding something like this. That's how I knew to check my email, nothing there either, nothing in spam folder.

I'll try to republish and see what happens I guess.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh ok ,then its in the 'wait line' usually publishing is immediate,but occassionally its not,but least you know where the views were from now,right?

Sorry,I cant be more helpful, Id either wait ,or check your hub for any highlighted messages.

Does sound though ,like you havent hit the publish now button wink or closed your hub without clicking 'done editing'

2. Maddie Ruud profile image80
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You simply haven't published the Hub yet.  You must have simply saved changes.  There is zero moderation history on your account.

5. psycheskinner profile image86
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

If when you click on it there is no warning, you may have just accidentally exited by 'saving' it, not 'publishing' it.

6. theherbivorehippi profile image80
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

Looks like you got it published now! smile

working