jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Best Reviewer

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'm on Best Reviewer, and I get good traffic from creating "tops" there.  Best Reviewer is owned by the same guy that owns shetoldme.

I'm having a problem though - I can not edit my "tops" to include new links, because there is a stupid advert that blocks out the "save" button.

I've wrote to James about this, but he's felt no need to respond or to change anything.  What a waste.

If you can help me figure out a way to edit my "tops" and save the edit. . then I'd very much appreciate it.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image82
      theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find this odd. I just open the "article" and then hit edit up at the top of the screen next to view. Change whatever needs changing and then click on save. I only have one over there and I just tried editing it to test this and it worked fine. Oddly though...the SAVE button is between the third and fourth section of my top five listing so I had to look over it a couple times before I found it. Do you not have a button hid there?

Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can't for the life of me find it.  The save button is on the far left side, right?

I've got adverts blocking view of everything on the left ten percent or so of my screen.

oh yes...definitely zoom out as prarieprincess said...those pages are so cluttered. My button is right BENEATH where the URL goes on my third "item" and above the title of the fourth one. I can't understand why it wouldn't be at the bottom or top of the page.

Have you found it?

2. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Todd, what you need to do is change the view on your computer, so it zooms out. That's what I did, and I was able to work with it. Just keep zooming out until you get it. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Hey Thanks!!!!  I never thought to try that, and probably would have never though of it at all.  I'm going to try that.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image82
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5299239_f248.jpg

Crappy screenshot but do you see it above the fourth title section?

Cool - I've not been seeing it.  I thought that it was at the bottom left somewhere.

Now I know where to look for it, and I'll also try the blowing the screen up thing too. :-D>

It should be at the bottom or somewhere more practical. smile

4. Richieb799 profile image59
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Or you could try in another browser to save you zooming out everytime, perhaps he designed it in a particular browser but forgot to test all browsers..I'm sure if he knew it was blocked he would of changed it by now

He wrote me back and said that he was working on it.  Then he said, "You could learn about screen resolution.  It couldn't hurt."

hehehehe

1. tamron profile image54
        tamronposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wesman
        He sent me the same email I complained 6 months ago he said he would fix it but never did I complained again that is when I got the same email you did.  Its a shame because Google seems to like that site.   Not only is the ads in the way but annoying but my traffic on the 3 lists are doing well.  I have an old computer and monitor so that might be the problem.

That's interesting!  I take it he's not actually working on anything to improve the user friendliness of the site then.

I've heard James described as a really nice man, and quite the opposite as well.

I got busy on a hub that I just published, and haven't been back over there to try the zoom trick yet, but I'm going to.

2. Richieb799 profile image59
        Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, he must have his hands full because people have problems with Shetoldme as well, one person said they couldn't find a sign-up button and you have to email him just to delete a scoop lol

I've not had any problems with shetoldme - but I do not doubt that other people are.

I've wrote a lot of shetoldme scoops.  They almost bring me ZERO traffic. . .direct traffic.  Best Reviewer though - gives me really good traffic.

working