jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Where am I NOT allowed to get traffic from?

1. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I need to know where I am not allowed to link to or get traffic for my hubs from. Does HP have a traffic policy?

Please don't post a link, I have read all the article and answers in the Learning center.

2. WriteAngled profile image84
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I am of the impression that this is classified information, which will be revealed to you piecemeal as your hubs get unpublished.

1. Cardisa profile image94
      Cardisaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand.

If I get traffic from a site that is a traffic exchange site will they unpublish my hub?

1. wilderness profile image98
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/question/69681/is-t … swer135407

Such actions will result in unpublishing your hub.  If you continue you will be banned.  It is also against Adsense TOS and you could lose your adsense account.

2. WriteAngled profile image84
        WriteAngledposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Traffic exchanges are forbidden

Otherwise, there is no blacklist as far as I know, so you need to wait and see if you incite the wrath of the HubGods

3. IzzyM profile image91
        IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Quite probably. It is against Adsense TOS to use a traffic exchange program, even though they don't say exactly which programs they consider to be traffic exchange.

HP has to look after their interests here as well as ours, since it is their link on all our pages 40% of the time, so if any exchange program you use actually goes against Adsense TOS, it is not just your account at risk.

3. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I understand the traffic thing a little more now. What I need to ask is that new "check for violations" feature in my accounts, would that tell me if I have broken the rule about getting traffic.

working