Hello there, fellow Hubbers.
Since I'm new here, and have only published 4 hubs so far, I'm very willing to get bashed from every possible directions with criticism, suggestions and ideas from more experienced Users.
Thank You All in advance, and have a great day.
I looked at the 5 Nuclear Disaster One. Some comments in whatever order they came into my head...
1) Finish this! You said FIVE disaster, but there's only THREE in the hub!
2) Consider using more "sidebars". For example, the 8 levels should be a sidebar TABLE. All the pictures should also be sidebars. It'll be a bit small, but it doesn't break up the flow of the text.
3) You need a short summary at the beginning, like
Common Name of Disaster (YEAR)
Location: city / state / country (link to Google Map)
Level: INES level number
Casualties: direct death, irradiated
Property damage: (est.)
Cause: neglected maintainence, cooling failure, natural disaster, etc.
4) In each of the disaster you should discuss what was the lesson learned from each case.
5) Including an 'environment' picture doesn't add much to the story. I'd skip the photo of the town / city, IMHO.
There's nothing to bash John, don't fret. But there are a few things I'd consider incorporating in your hubs:
1) You can fit text, video and photo capsules to the right of a text capsule, it can lead to a more aesthetically pleasing and compact hub (feel free to check my latest hubs out with that in mind -- I'm not the best hubber out there, but I've been on here long enough to pickup a tip now and then).
2) Your hubs lack keyword optimized, relevant outbound links. Not a necessity obviously, but if could help with SEO.
3) I found that leaving Amazon capsules lumped at the very end led to poor conversion rates. I hate the best results with hanging them to the right of text.
4) I feel you could break up text a little more with some eye candy -- personal opinion, I'm not sure everyone would agree.
All in all, a very nice start. Keep it up!
by Rajan Singh Jolly 7 years ago
Have you ever faced criticism of your hub?how do you react to it?
by Mark Knowles 9 years ago
I am looking for some feedback on a particular hub. I write about all sorts, including the damage we are doing to ourselves by over packaging and spending all our money on pieces of plastic crap from China. But I have consistently failed to drive much traffic to these pages. I have, on the other...
by Marie Ryan 9 years ago
I have been writing on hubpages for months and I really enjoy it! I love the camaraderie that ther is among hubpage colleaues and I am really interested in developing my writing skills rather than making a fortune overnight....However, after writing over 15 hubs on several different topics and...
by purpleangel47 9 years ago
I never get any comments on my hubs so I have no idea what people think of their content. My latest is "Run for your life." But I would love to hear criticism on any of them. Thank you!!
by Matt 6 years ago
Hi allSo I had a lot to say on this hub and it came in at just around 6,000 words. I'm not sure whether it might be worth splitting up into three parts or something to make it a little more accessible? It's just a topic I happen to be passionate about!!!Also, I know my titles are not really search...
by LegendaryN8 7 years ago
I put this in the "answers" section and it actually should've been posted here.Many of us may be not performing to our fullest potential because we haven't taken a critical eye to each others' content. I would like to offer you some constructive criticism. If you have a hub or...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|