jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

my proper Subdomain not showing up on my Create-a-Hub page

1. Bob Green Innes profile image60
    Bob Green Innesposted 6 years ago

When you put a title, it shows an automated URL under #2 - but in the old format - hubpages.com/hub/mytitle.   I've set my profile subdomain and started from myname.hubpages.com. I'm anxious to know if this is just a glitch that will come out correctly when published or do I have to fill in question 2 manually per the new subdomain protocol?  Thanks in advance.
    Bob

1. noenhulk profile image52
      noenhulkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had the same problem getting out with the new subdomain feature. I have filled in the question manually but it just goes over and over until now. I can't even get to earning section to edit some info there. Hope to get some clarification with the support staff and some members with the same problems soon. They are saying it's a glitch. Let's see what other answers we can get.

Bob Green Innesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Noenhulk
        Thanks for the confirmation that I wasn't the only one with this problem.  And since you're a long time member, it isn't a newbie thing either.  Hopefully, the final url will be ok, despite what it says.

1. Cagsil profile image61
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It isn't going to matter. However, it could be a glitch. Email Staff- Team@Hubpages.com and ask them directly.
          Bob, please try not to make the assumption that the length of time stated on a persons account is the actual length of time they have been on Hubpages. Some people signed up and then left their accounts inactive.

Just because it says they have been here 4 years, doesn't actually mean they have been here 4 years. It only means that the account was created 4 years ago. wink
          To get more help, email staff.

Hi Cagsil 
            I'm guilty as charged! 
            I just noticed  that the url shown for my draft hub (at the bottom of 'my account' page)  does reflect the proper subdomain so as you say, what shows on the create-hub page doesn't matter.  Hopefully this thread will reassure folks who are worried about this.  I hesitate to bug HP about a little glitch like this, they're probably  busy enough post Panda.  Just that I didn't know how where to look. 
            Thanks,
            Bob.

It's always good to bring up things that might be a glitch to staff, so they can attempt to replicate the problem themselves using all sorts of browsers. If they cannot duplicate the problem, then they will let you know.

It's not a problem sending them an email. It is better than you do, instead of not doing it. wink

Good luck going forward. smile

Will do.  Thanks.
                Bob

You're welcome. smile

2. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The bug you reported has been fixed now Bob Green Innes, thanks for pointing it out. smile

working