jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What has happened to the "feed"? I feel like I am being spammed!

1. thougtforce profile image82
    thougtforceposted 6 years ago

The feed has been my number one way to get update on new hubs and has been a very useful feature! But now it is "spammed" by people who "share" every single thing they do on hubpages without any consideration of what it will do to the followers. I know I can unfollow these people but is that the only way?
    The same hub can also occur several times on the feed even if the hub isn't shared and to get pass all those unnecessary updates I have to constantly click "show more".  I am grateful for suggestions and also want to know if anyone else have the same problem!

1. AliciaC profile image96
      AliciaCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, thougtforce. I love discovering new hubs through the feed, but I agree that it’s full of the same hubs or the same people’s activities showing multiple times. I’ve just been clicking “Show more” all the time, but I wonder if perhaps there should be a limit on how many items a person can share each day.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I was under the impression that these appear automatically without anyone sharing them. For instance, every time I comment on a hub or forum post it shows up on my feed. But I haven't done anything.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I thought the same thing too. No one is spamming because it's automatic.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I'm still fumbling around with it, but click home to go to feed, and then click filter. Apparently we do have some control. But as to whether it's output, input, or both; the mystery continues. smile

4. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

I think (although I may be wrong) that one of the things that the OP is concerned about is the fact that some people send lots of extra items to their follower's feed by “sharing” information that wouldn’t normally appear in that particular feed.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have never done that, but I just wrote a hub that cracks me up. So I am going to go do that very thing right now. smile

5. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

I have found that it is driving me nuts when I want to read a hub posted by someone I haven't seen in awhile. I finally gave up on the "feed" and went back to emails or searching the long way.

6. thougtforce profile image82
    thougtforceposted 6 years ago

Thanks all, for your answers! And I don´t mean the automatic notification that turns up when someone comment or publish a new hub. It is the sharing with all followers that many hubbers use seemingly for everything they do at hubpages that becomes almost like spamming. Sharing something you think could interest your followers is one thing, but sharing every move is something different. And besides that, the feed has changed, so a popular hub can be shown many times, which takes up space in the feed. I want to use the feed to see new hubs and not the same hub several times. I have also tried the filter, but without result so far.
    Maybe it is better to give up the feed!

working