RESOLVED: Email notification delay

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)
  1. RachaelOhalloran profile image83
    RachaelOhalloranposted 9 years ago

I've had two comments on two separate hubs today and the notification on neither one was emailed to me to let me know they were there.

I just happened to see them in the numbered section in the top part of the screen where the word "notifications" is.

Has something changed and we don't get notified when someone comments on our hubs?

I had that enabled all this time and just today I see that it is different.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

1. breakfastpop profile image63
      breakfastpopposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I, too, am having the same problem. I also feel that my followers are not being notified that I posted another hub. I normally have quite a few comments by now.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@RachaelOhalloran
      I just checked your account and see that you were sent several email notifications yesterday. Some of them show that they were opened and there are several others that show they were not read (a new forum, new Hub and a couple new QAs).

This could be a result of your email system classifying these messages as SPAM, so you may want to check your SPAM folder or filter.

Here are some steps for helping to make sure that future such messages are not marked as such.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image83
        RachaelOhalloranposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow, sorry for 5 hours going by. I didn't get this notification that you wrote here either. Today, I have had only about 10 emails, when I normally have about 200.

I found your message by seeing the number next to notification at the top of the screen next to my name.

My spam folder is empty. It was the first place I looked. I rarely get spam.

My inbox is empty.  I haven't received a digest today either and usually get that by mid day. Someone left a comment on my Princess Diana hub and I just saw it about an hour ago, after 5 plus hours going by.

I am wondering if it is my email host.  I just looked at your directions and all seems to be in order on HubPages end, on my safelist and I've changed nothing.
        I have published two hubs today and not one comment, but yet there are over 30 views on one and 11 views on the other. When I visit, I can't see any comments on them, but when this happened before, the next day when I signed in, there were comments from more than 12 hours before sitting there waiting to be moderated.

I have notifications set up to email me for all newly published hubs in various topics and I haven't seen any new hubs today at all.  So something is up.

I will watch this into tomorrow and see what happens.

Thank you Matthew.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image83

I just signed in for the day and there were 18 messages here. There are usually about 100 from overnight and 200 more during day.  No comments on hubs, but shows visits to the two I published yesterday. I changed my comment status back to must approve all to see if I get any notifications.
        Something is wrong because this is not normal at all.
        TYVM for looking into this.

Yes,  something is wrong. I am experiencing the exact same problems as Rachel.

3. RachaelOhalloran profile image83

I didn't see this other forum but evidently this problem I'm having is not isolated to just me.  Others have written about it and I could not see the forums to know they had started one. My forums stopped updating at the same time I stopped getting email. So it wasn't my email server it all. It was something with HubPages.  Here's the link to the other forum which has just now shown up in my feed. It is over 22 hours old as I write this.

hubpages.com/forum/topic/122247

It definitely seems to be a problem with HubPages. The problem is much more widespread  than it appears. I int ended to write again tomorrow, but at this point it just doesn't make sense.

4. RachaelOhalloran profile image83

I just got this which is about Matthews comment that he posted 27 1/2 hrs ago.
        Today at 9:43 PM
        Hi RachaelOhalloran,
        We thought you would like to know that Matthew Meyer recently posted in the forum thread My comment notification isn't working that you are following. You can see their reply here:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2591028

So by my calculations, this notification is almost 28 hours behind.  However I am getting notices of forums that are 38 to 52 hours old. I don't get spam and my regular 200 or so emails a day is up to about 40 today so far, so things are improving. Even though Matthew said he saw I got emails that weren't opened, I still can't see them.  I hope tomorrow gets better. I published 2 hubs yesterday, 1  hub today and no comments yet even though I know there are some somewhere.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
          The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Email was behind for a few days but its counts are slowly rising each day Rachael.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We have just deployed a fix for the intermittent connectivity issues affecting the site.
      Notifications are gradually catching up as I write this, but there will continue to be a delay until they are fully caught up.

4. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are having problems.  I did not receive one notification since June 1st at 11:55 a.m. as I just happened to see the date and time of the last one.  I know of a hubber who publishes a hub everyday at a certain time and I did not see an email that he published, plus one of my friends happened to mention she published a new hub, and I asked what hub?  I went to check both of these hubbers, and sure enough, they had published hubs.  I was not even getting emails on hubs that I commented on.  I asked about it and other hubbers confirmed this same problem.  Last night at 11:18 p.m., I started getting notifications again, but not on those I missed for over 36 hours.  However, I have just noticed that those who did publish a hub during that time have either unpublished and republished their hubs or either HP is republishing so that all will know they have published a hub. As far as comments on my own hubs, I have just been going under my account page and checking that way in lieu of email.  It seems to be working now, but Matthew did explain they are still working on the feed and notifications problem.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I noticed that they often appear on HubPages before email so I occasionally open my Comments in a separate window to check on them. This happens often, not just recently.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)