jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Duplicate Content Question

1. Lasca profile image60
    Lascaposted 6 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I moved something I had written to HubPages from List My Five and I deleted the LM5 entry at that time. It was flagged for duplicate content on HubPages, and someone suggested I write the management, which I did, and they fixed that particular issue. I asked how long I needed to wait after deleting from LM5 before posting over here, and they said around three days. However, I just posted something today that I deleted almost a week ago, and it has again been flagged. I have a couple of hundred articles I would like to move ... does anyone know exactly how long they need to be removed from one site before another can publish them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks .... Lasca

1. kschang profile image87
      kschangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The problem is Google, not HP. HP uses Google to check for dupe content.

The only thing I can think of is If Google says the content's still there, but when you click it you got "error 404: nothing here", then Google may update it faster.

I personally thinks you should LEAVE your LM5 stuff there, as it'd be too much trouble to move them, but instead, see if you can create META hubs around your LM5 content. But it's up to you.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I don't know how long--- but one thing you might want to check on is whether your original article had been stolen and placed elsewhere on the net. You can check by googling the lead paragraph (or a significant paragraph) and see if it shows up.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

“...original article had been stolen and placed elsewhere on the net...”  multiplied by  “...a couple of hundred articles...”

Jeez, this rampant theft problem really sucks.

1. vox vocis profile image90
      vox vocisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How did you find that out? Oh, that's a slap in the face - big time sad

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm just hoping she doesn't have to do a theft search for all 200+ articles.

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
          K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

>< OUCH! ><

4. Haunty profile image81
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Not sure, but I think your article might get flagged as duplicate as long as it stays in Google cache. Were I you, I would wait at least a week before I publish anything that I pulled from another site. Anyway, you can always Google your atricle's title to see if it's still indexed by G.

1. Lasca profile image60
      Lascaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks ... good suggestions, all. Will check for plagiarism and will google title before posting another!

working