jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

HubKarma

1. jean2011 profile image82
    jean2011posted 6 years ago

What are the factors that would cause your hubKarma to fall by 6 points in one day?

1. Lisa HW profile image81
      Lisa HWposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This doesn't answer your question (sorry), but where do we even find that these days?  I keep forgetting about it, but even when I remember it (or am reminded of it) I can never seem to find it.  Then I'll run into it and lose it again.  big_smile  I just thought it went the way of buffalo.

1. Krysanthe profile image93
        Krysantheposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I didn't even know there still was HubKarma, so I'm interested in it myself.  wink

jean2011posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I talking about the hubber's profile score.

1. Lisa HW profile image81
            Lisa HWposted 6 years agoin reply to this

jean2011, it's pretty routine for the score to go up or down within a 5 point range.  It could be anything.  I do know that when I write a Hub the score drops for a day or two.  I'm guessing there's the chance that if if you (or I) were at our low point within our usual range, writing a Hub (or whatever other activity might stir things up, and nobody really knows) could account for the extra point.  Again, pure guessing.  I do know, though, that when I write a Hub the score always goes down.  (Maybe that's just with my account, though - who knows..)

2. Ms Dee profile image87
      Ms Deeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

HubKarma was taken off HubPages earlier this summer--it was done away with. I wonder, jean2011, are you possibly referring to the hubber's profile score?

jean2011posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Ms Dee, yes, it is the hubber's profile score.

3. OutWest profile image60
      OutWestposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, but I haven't been here for a couple of days and mine went up.  I wonder what that means. yikes

2. Rob Winters profile image76
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

Yep it's still there guys, albeit in hiding. Go to any one of your hubs and click on the 'suggest links' button at the top and you'll c ur hubkarma displayed in the box that pops up :-)

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Ah!  I found it, thanks.  But, oops - down 10 points.  hmm  Oh well, I guess it's because I stopped suggesting links when so many people were bailing, and I'd end up with a zillion broken links on a regular basis.  (It was worth the 10 Karma points.  smile )

working