jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Question

1. cre8ivOne profile image74
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

Hi
    I am new to HubPages and need a little bit of guidance.  I just wrote an article and thought it would be good to suggest a link to a fellow hubbers article as it related to mine.  When I wrote her name and the name of her article at the bottom of the article it still said I have zero Hub Karma.  Did I do this wrong?  Please advise.

cre8ivOneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Doing my own research I wonder if I am to follow the referral tracker directions?  unsure...

2. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi cre8ivOne! Welcome to HubPages! I do not know about HubKarma anymore, because I have not seen it on hubbers' profiles for a couple months now, it seems.

As for how to link something in the hub you just wrote to another hub, there are two options:
      1. When in a text capsule select the word(s) you want to anchor the link to and click on the link icon and a window opens up to paste in the URL of the hub.
      2. When in edit mode in your hub, add a link capsule and paste in the URL of the hub in there.

cre8ivOneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the help Dee!  I will certainly try to do that!  There's so much to learn in here!

1. Ms Dee profile image86
          Ms Deeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it felt like quite a learning curve for me in the initial months. Always learning, too, because things keep changing ... like a business keeps changing. Good that you are asking questions! smile

2. lisabeaman profile image85
    lisabeamanposted 6 years ago

Hi Dawn - Welcome to HubPages! I wouldn't worry about your Hub Karma score. In fact, I wouldn't even look at it.

When I first started I used the "suggest links" tool like crazy and my hub karma score went from 0 to 100 pretty quickly. I was really proud of that too... until someone pointed out that all those links I'd put in my hubs were only drawing readers away to other hubs or forums. It may have been good hub karma, but it wasn't helping me at all. (In fact, some of my old hubs still have crazy links from that. When I run across them, I cringe a little and then get rid of them!)

Keep doing research... keep writing... keep participating in forums... read other hubs and comment on them. Those are the things that will help to bring your hubber score up. Your hub Karma score, however, doesn't really matter.

3. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

Welcome, we're glad your here, keep inking girl lol

working