Artipot: You may want to check for your Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I don't know if posting the name of the author would violate any rules, but I have a Hub on grown kids building a relationship with their birth mother; and it showed up in its entirely under the author's name (as well as many other articles from just August, alone, including articles on everything from tile cleaning, getting a forklift, buying a wedding dress, fashion, and on and on.  For now, the adoption article can be seen on there if anyone wants to know the author's name.  (I expect it will be removed soon.) 

Note:  That Hub was one that I wrote when someone came on HubPages questions and told a big, sad, story about meeting "her" birth mother.  (Maybe it was legitimate at the time.  It doesn't look the "author" on that site pays much attention to any particular category of subjects.

In any case, the author has "tons" of articles, with "tons" of them posted in - like - a 24-hour period.

Mine was posted on the July 29. 

Ah!  I just found another one of mine.  Still more to check.  (Also posted on July 29)

2. K9keystrokes profile image83
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

This kind of thing is very frustrating Lisa. I think I would spontaneously burst into flames from pure anger! You work so hard on what you write, and then to have it stolen (basically) is criminal. I hope this gets sorted out for you.

Good luck~
    K9 hmm

Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is, thanks.     I just found another one on a different site (stolen Aug 2); but "oddly enough" there's a link to the word "pedal cars", which was also a link on the Artipot site.     Off I go to check for some more....     roll

(Apparently, this individual isn't deterred by Google's "authorship thing".  (I'm not even sure I saw Google ads on the blog.  I just has tons of advertising, and an "about me" link that goes to a single page ad.)

My score's been on the low end of my usual range over the last while.  I'm at at an "all time low" right now.  I know it may just be the usual ups and downs, or something I've done or not done; but I can help but wonder if all those duplicate contents that now show up have anything to do with it.

1. K9keystrokes profile image83
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

GRRRRRRRR! mad

and another one on Artipot (and on adoption, with the about me as "pedal cars".

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I checked the author's name.  I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to say who it was . WHo do you contact about this?

I've already filed a report with Google.  (That site does have Google ads. )  I've also contacted Artipot (which is an article directory and claims to have the "highest editorial standards"  roll).  They also have a whole page just on "pedal cars" (with different authors, so I don't know if this individual is one of those people or not). 

As far as not saying the name on here (in a public forum) I was most concerned that Google's TOS may be like many others that "frown on" publicly embarrassing people. 

The three Hubs of mine that I found on Artiport was one about when babies are born prematurely (too soon).  The other two are about adoption.  The third was on the blog (or whatever it is) with "pedal cars" as a tag (so I'm only "doing the math", as they say.  hmm).    On the one hand, HubPages found them, so that was the only reason I know about them.  On the other hand, there's not really a way to tell if he's got more of mine and/or more of anyone else's on here.  It looks to me as if this one person singled out my baby-related/child-related type Hubs; but he's got tons of other stuff of such varied subjects - and I doubt he wrote them on all himself in a day and a half.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

there doesn't seem to be any of my articles, but I was looking at title alone.

Maybe that was enough.  Mine had the same titles I gave them, so they weren't changed. 

Correction a few minutes later:   I take the above back.  I just saw that at least one title was changed dramatically.  He's got, "Considerations in adopting a child..." (which is very different from my Hub's title)

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

okay. tomorrow I'll search for phrases

2. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hxxp://www.parentingclan.com/knowing-adoption-situations.html

hxxp://brightrealm.com/2011/08/08/considerations-in-adopting-a-child/

hxxp://blogz.org/Blog755450-Considerations-In-Adopting-A-Child.htm

hxxp://brightrealm.com/tag/pedal-cars/

Oh, brother.   roll   Thank you (I guess  roll).  This just made my day.   hmm    I kind of just skimmed, but it looks like there was a spinner involved in at least the last one.  There were some minor changes in at least of the others.  There was always that "pedal car" link, though.   hmm  I "love" it (sarcasm of course).  And this is just one subject that isn't even a big-demand type of subject.   mad   Anyway, thanks, Izzy (and no sarcasm intended with that one  smile).

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funnily enough I didn't find anything from that Artipot (or whatever it's called) site. Have they been taken down already?

We all see different results from Google.com, now that they have 'personalized' our searches.

It was only the other day I discovered all those sites carrying my work, 4 or 5 for each hub. Not the ones listed above, just sites and blogs from all over the web.

I reported four Artipot ones last night, both to Artipot and to Google.  The trouble with that other thing (of of them anyway) is it's a WordPress blog/site (and article "directory") but there aren't Google ads on it that I can see.  I scrolled down from an adoption article and found the premature baby article (that's also on some other blog with the "peddle car" tag/link (whichever it has).  Just from the few articles I've seen (that all seem to be showing up on all kinds of related sites), it looks like a whole, big, "peddle car" operation to me.     

I've been finding this kind of stuff all along, and every time it's some other approach/technique they use.  I can only imagine what I haven't found.  (I've found stuff by accident half the time.  HP caught the copied thing with the two articles, so that's what got me looking.

And now, with the personalized searches, can we even tell what really gets found on the first page?   I don't even know how that works.   (I used to have the PR add-on on my machine, but I've been dealing with viruses for a couple of days.  That's another thing.  There was some really weird deal that went on with a cooking blog, Amazon links, and my HP link (which really didn't get to my stuff, and instead got to Amazon ads).  It's a giant mess.  (There's no virus now.)

I'm tired of it.  I really think I'm about ready to let whoever have whatever they want to steal.  If I earn from it, great.  If I don't, fine too.  It's just all such a big mess.  Google can figure it all out with their algorithms sometime, or not - whatever.  Oh well.... signing off at least for the day.

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I just had a look at that site. I'm looking for an original article (any) and not finding any. They are all copied from what I can see.

I would have guessed that by the looks of things, but I didn't really know how to go about "confirming" it.  hmm   I couldn't help but suspect there's probably more Hubs on there (maybe/maybe not mine, but I can't believe I'm the only Hubber singled out by that particular individual).

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

I started  going through categories that  I write, but realized it is a time saver to just put phrases in the "search" up at the top

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)