jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Adsense

1. sweetzara profile image83
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

I am a new Hubber and I have just set up my hubpages account with my Adsense account. I was just wondering about the difference between CTR, CPC, RPM. Will gooogle pay me only if someone clicks on an ad on one of my pages? Or will I also be paid of I get a lot of traffic (but noone clicks on the ads) ?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The large majority of adsense earnings comes from clicks, but a few pennies often show up from ad impressions as well.

From a practical standpoint clicks produce the income.

Have you signed up for the HP ad program?  That one is primarily impressions, not clicks.

2. sweetzara profile image83
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

@wolderness thanks. I have signed up for HP ad program but am still at 0.00 smile
    earning from clicks is pretty straight forward but how is earning from ad impressions calculated?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are running both HPads and adsense I doubt you will get any clicks from adsense.  HPads take the place of adsense ads most of the time.  Given that, adsense clicks will be rare.

Each impression (ad view) makes a small amount (1/10 cent perhaps although it varies).  HP will usually update the numbers on views and earnings daily, in the morning.

Most hubbers are finding it advantageous to use HPads and swallow the loss of adsense clicks, but it does vary.  At this point I would suggest that you keep HPads enabled - you should earn at least something and the payout is only $50 instead of $100.  Later, you may want to disable it for a month and test what happens.

working