BackLinks.com

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

I wonder if anyone has or is using BackLinks.com and if it is acceptable to HP & Google's TOS, since I have heard others recommend it...hmm

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd never heard of them Luis, but I clicked on the link and the first thing I saw was buy and sell backlinks, so I clicked out again.

Buying and selling links is against Google's TOS.

2. Jlbowden profile image87
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello luis:

I am not sure about backlinks.com, have not did a lot of research about this site. However was recently looking at inbound writer.com-this looks like a promising site for backlinking articles to. Also a few other hubbers mentioned to me that info barrel is another great site, moreso than redgage.com. Check these out in the interim. And hope I've helped you with this topic somewhat.

Jl

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image68
        Evan Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep. You can also use Xomba, Snipsly, WriterParty, Excerptz and ThisIsFreelance to write, crosspromote and get quality backlinks simply by writing related articles or bookmarks at each site and linking back and forth.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've used backlin.com are you thinking of them? They seem ok, you just submit your link, not sure it's made any difference in terms of traffic though.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Sorry, backlinkin.com smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

You don't pay for links there either. I think its more of a social bookmarking site.

4. Evan Hutchinson profile image68

I saw the thread title and already knew my answer would be "never"

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Thanks to both of you. I think that IzzyM is correct though as it looks like it could be against Google TOS and even HP....Oh well...roll

1. IzzyM profile image87

So far as I  know, (and what do I know?) the best way to obtain backlinks is to post on forums, sites and anywhere you can online, with either an in-text link, or a profile link.

The trouble with this is that we all have so many hubs. Which one to choose?

If you have 500 hubs, and wish to promote each one, you will need 500 usernames, and 500 email addresses.

And that will still only give one hub a backlink each.

Unless we promote to social networking sites, or web 2.00 sites.

The old way, and the way HP recommends, is to write an article so good that everyone will want to backlink to it.

I can't help thinking that those of us who joined this train within the last 2/3 years have missed the bus, in a manner of speaking.

Our work wasn't 'out there' when all the web had was crap and copies of it.

Enter Hubpages, with their stricter rules and new authors. Those who wrote good articles automatically got linked to, because they were good, and fresh and new.

There was a lot of good writers. They have all got 'natural' backlinks.

Those writers covered most of the topics, that the rest of us might know or care about.

But us newer writers can't compete against the older ones who have domain age backing.

I am sorry to see Hubpages members, who haven't suffered a huge traffic drop, reminding us of the good writer/bad writer scenario envisaged after Panda/subdomain.

I always thought the subdomain could be devisive among hubbers, and it seems to be the case now.

Pity.

3. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

I would be very cautious about making your own backlinks. Google knows the difference. If the links develop too quickly, Google knows it's you doing it and your rank will suffer. If you use sites that sell backlinks, forget it, you'll have destroyed your reputation.

Google knows when backlinks are real, that other people decided to point to you because they feel you have something really worthy to offer. So that's the way to get backlinks. Just as IzzyM said... "Write an article so good that everyone will want to backlink to it."  Yes indeed, that is the most powerful way to get high ranking with Google.

Google Webmaster Tools shows all the sites that link to your hubs. This is a very useful tool to review backlinks and you should use it if you are not. See the HP learning center for How to Verify Your HubPages Subdomain in Google Webmaster Tools

1. IzzyM profile image87

So basically, you have to make backlinks that look real, and that is dependant on your traffic.
      So let's say, you have 100 unique visits per day, and 1% want to backlink to you.
      That is one hubs can be backlinked that day, to one site.

But if you have no traffic, you need backlinks to get traffic. What happens then?

It's a bit like the old question. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image68

Making your own backlinks is a great way to do it, but you have to do it RIGHT. Other article writing sites are a great source - just use them right and follow their TOS's.

4. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

There's two options, whitehat are links that generally last forever and paying for backlinks is pointless when hardwork usually beats cutting corners. At least you knwo where they came from.

1. IzzyM profile image87

White hat links? What are they? Please explain the difference between white hat and black hat links.

According to some, all self-obtained links are black hat.

1. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

In my eyes Blackhat links are forum profile links with all other fields blank, automated blog comment spam(using software) and SeNuke article posting(dup)

1. IzzyM profile image87

OK fair enough. So it's white hat when they don't use automated software but still post a semi-nonsensical comment?
          Like "yours is the best site I've seen, I'll recommend it to all my friends." or similar.

In other words, if the comment isn't directly related to the post, it is black hat.

What if it really was the best post they have ever seen?

5. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

You could put 'this is the best **** blog Ive ever seen' of course you should expand a little other wise it is considered blackhat. Askimet generally catches most automated spam comements on Wordpress now, blackhatters use private proxies as well

6. Jlbowden profile image87
    Jlbowdenposted 12 years ago

Glenn:

Thanks for sharing that excellent information about backlinks as well as your views on this topic. See you on the 17th at our next HP meetup!

Jl

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jim, Many people have different views and experiences with creating backlinks.  I find the best are those that happen naturally by unknown people.  We can add this to the planned discussions for the Long Island HubMeet on the 17th. See you there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)