jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Text capsule underlines words when in Edit mode all by itself

1. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

When I edit inside a text capsule (in Edit mode) and then save, I find whole lines and even sometimes paragraphs have been underlined. I then have to go back in and select that portion to turn off the underline. It can get time consuming having to keep going back to turn the underlining off. hmm

Anyone else have this problem? Is this a bug that has been reported? I did a search and did not find anything about it.

Thanks!

1. tirelesstraveler profile image84
      tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Had trouble with hyper-links yesterday. I noticed a grammar error next to the link. I fixed it and the underline appeared from the hyper-link.  I had to carefully space my way down several lines and type for awhile before I could get rid of the annoying line.

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find that if I write my hubs first on my computer and copy and paste the underline thing sometimes happen. Just select all then undo the underline.

If you copy content from somewhere elsewhere on the web you are sure to have all of it underlined.......just a heads up  (did that with a quote, had to fix it so it wasn't underlined)

2. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had that happen the other day to me. Part of the hub was underlined. I went back into edit and selected the underlined text and removed the underlining.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I've not run into that problem as of yet. hmm Hopefully, a staff member will address the issue or determine whether or not, it's the browser you're using.

Sometimes it's browser related. wink But, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed right away. It's presently 9:20pm in California and I don't know how late Staff works.

Ms Deeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a helpful thought to consider, Cagsil. I'd not thought of it being my browser.  I've had it for a while and have finally said something, so I bet it does have to do with *my* setup and is not a HubPages bug.  Thanks so much for your response! wink

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

A suggestion- update your browser. If you're not using Firefox or Chrome, then switch. Those two are the best for working on HP.

I'm finally back and found your further response...I'm using Chrome. So, is it surprising I'm having this problem? hmm  I appreciate your suggestions.

Hey Ms. Dee, if you're still having problems, then email staff- Team@Hubpages.com and let them know. It could be a glitch that is with Chrome. I've not had any problems and I'm using Firefox. smile

I hope you get the problem straightened out. smile Good luck. smile

Thank you Cagsil! big_smile

You're quite welcome. smile

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

The closest I've come to that is when I had some bad links where hubbers had removed their hubs.

When I broke the link and saved the capsule the link came up underlined.  As you say I had to re-enter edit, remove the underline and save again.

This was done in FF if it matters.

4. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 6 years ago

I use Chrome and haven't encountered that problem.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image84
      tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been thinking installing Chrome this may be a good reason to do so,

5. Sally's Trove profile image85
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

I use Chrome and I have noticed from time to time the problem Ms Dee describes. Out of the blue, stuff (mostly links) gets underlined.  It's simple to get rid of it by editing the capsule, but why was it even ever there? It's nothing we did in constructing our Hubs.

This is very helpful to know, Sally's Trove! Yes, at least we can go back into the capsule and select and click underline to take it out. It was a pain, though when it happened every time I opened a capsule, though. However. it seems to have stopped doing it as much as before. I have not explanation for this, though.

working