jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Cannot use a previous Hub's layout for a new Hub

1. Green Lotus profile image60
    Green Lotusposted 6 years ago

This has been going on for months now, but I'm only now getting around to report it. I get the message "something went wrong...notify HubPages" every time I try to create a new Hub. I'm able to enter everything on the "enter" page including my title, category, layout selection from a previous hub, tags, ect, but when I hit the continue button from the general "hp loves original no spam hubs" page, the error message appears. I hit the continue button again and I do get to the edit your capsules page, but my selected layout is not there - just a few basic capsules. I'm using Mac/Snow Leopard with Firefox 6.0.2.

Thanks!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image80
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I can't replicate this, but I'll add it as a bug.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Green Lotus,

Is it just a specific Hub that you're trying to copy, or does it spit back an error when you try to copy any Hub's layout?  If it's just a particular Hub, please let me know which one.

1. Green Lotus profile image60
      Green Lotusposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your help! It doesn't seem to matter which prior layout I select. Title length doesn't see to matter either. I can't think of anything else..I do add a lot of tags in the tag fields before I get my layout.

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

This may be entirely irrelevant, but it reminds me of something I went through. So here is one remote possibility: smile

My hub had a very long title. When I shortened it a little bit, it then made it through the spam-warning-page. The title-length gateway on the spam-warning-page is apparently a little bit smaller than the title-length gateway on the previous page.

working