jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Fan Mail Stats

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I just happened to notice that all of my fan mail stats have actually dropped. Yesterday I had 33 good writer and today I have 25. The rest have dropped as well. Anyone else notice this?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

8 people changed their mind? big_smile
      Most likely just a bug or something! I never look at those type of stats - maybe I should check them out!!!

Just Ask Susanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Probably is a glitch it was just something I noticed.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How many people are following you? Have you lost any followers? Maybe some people who had  been following you stopped. When they stop following you,  any fan mail they left you  disappears.  Apparently, you can't leave fan mail for anyone without being a follower.

My followers have not gone down they have gone up since yesterday.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60

no idea then. I think it must be a glitch then. There seems to be lots of them happening. Right now I can't get on the home page feed. andthat's on any  browser.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

My best guess.

They updated the stats removing those counts that came from accounts that are now closed.. This is just speculation. smile

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Just curious....what difference does it make? lol

I can't answer for Susan, but I can't stand it when I can't solve a riddle. I love trying to answer why.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That I don't doubt. But, can you actually answer why? And, I mean why it matters to you? Not so much on why it happens. tongue

I think I can.  There are lots of followers who follow for no good reason and  don't respond to any of your hubs or forum comments etc. They are followers in name only and they don't matter. But when someone leaves you fan mail about how he or she enjoys your writing  stops following you, this bothers me. I wonder why.  The same thing with someone who previously had been commenting on your hubs stops following you. This recently happened to me and the hubber quit following me  I don't know why. The hubber still has an account here.  I can't help wondering what I did to make the person stop following me. If I wrote hubs that were polarizing I might expect to tick people off, but  my topics tend to be classic films, poetry, mystery authors, and recently,  Hubpage changes. Maybe the hubber read my comments on others' hubs and didn't like them. Don't know.

1. Cagsil profile image59
            Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nice response, but didn't answer my original question. But, that's okay. You don't actually have to. smile But, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond though. smile big_smile

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90

Does not make difference. Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed the same thing. smile

working