jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Enable animated GIF files - at least in Avatars :)

1. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 9 years ago

Hello!

Today I wondered why can't we use gif files in hubs or at least in our avatars so that we can have a cooler looking one (i.e. animated picture).

Is there any logical reason for not allowing the use of this kind of files in hubpages?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 9 years ago

Please, no...

1. anime_nanet profile image61
      anime_nanetposted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the logical reason...

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 9 years ago

I don't see why they are needed. Personally, I find them very irritating. I think animated avatars belong on places like MySpace and Live Journal rather than HubPages.

4. anime_nanet profile image61

ok so it's a preference of yours...

you're the same as me then smile i digg them eheh

anyway is there some admin out there that can explain me their view?

5. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

Hubpages operates on, graphically speaking, the "Keep It Simple Stupid" idea.  Flashy graphics, animated avatars and the like would only serve to shoot disk space usage through the roof as well as slow site loading time on various pages depending on the number of users who have animated crud on their pages.

Hubpages is a place that is supposed to focus on high quality, evergreen content.  Not glitter graphics or moving pictures for the sake of "fun."

6. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

While it could happen, I doubt you will see HP staff on this thread. They usually reply to the threads that have some kind of support in the community. This proposal obviously doesn't...

7. anime_nanet profile image61

ok, I got the picture big_smile (in jpeg and png) eheh

working