jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

Google Adsense and clicks.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
    Hollie Thomasposted 6 years ago

When your adsense account is showing that you have received some clicks, is there any way of finding out which content the clicked ads were on? If that makes sense?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To a certain extent yes - you have to link your adsense account to your Google Analytics account for Hubpages - this will then give you detailed traffic and click information for all of your hubs. You can set this up in the Earnings - Affiliate settings part of your 'My Account'.

Hollie Thomasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant. Thank you SimeyC smile

2. Shil1978 profile image86
      Shil1978posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can. In the old AdSense interface, go to AdSense Setup ---> Channels ----> URL channels --- click on "Add new URL channels" and add your individual hub URLs here. When you receive clicks through AdSense, your AdSense reports should show you the individual hub URL the clicks were generated from.

Hollie Thomasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's great, thanks Shil1978. I'm just interested to know which pages are getting the clicks (not that there's that many of them) smile

1. Shil1978 profile image86

You are welcome, Hollie. That's a good thing - you should know which hubs of yours are performing the best. Gives you good insight to the type of niche topics that have done well for you. And it is better to add your hub URLs when you've just started. Otherwise, you'd have to spend a lot of time opening each individual hub and adding each URL manually!!

2. SimeyC profile image88

Problem with this method is that you can only have so many channels (100?) so eventually you will run out of free spaces to add more hubs!

It is much more than 100 for sure. I have many channels added - HP URLs as well as custom channels of my websites - yet I have about 170 odd channels left that I can use.

If you don't have your own website and don't use custom channels and only use URL channels for your HubPages and other similar accounts - you should have at least close to 400 or 500 channels.

I am not sure of the exact figure, but it certainly is more than a 100.

Looks like it's about 200 - so if you have content on HP, Squidoo, Webanswers etc etc - it soon gets full!

Some posts at AdSense forums do mention the figure of 200 as being the maximum allowed URL and custom channels, but I can definitely testify to the fact that the figure is closer to 500.

Perhaps, they upgraded the number of channels available to users. You can find out by trying to add channels in your AdSense account. It shows you the number of channels remaining!!

I have about 50 channels and it tells me I have 150 remaining....

I am not sure if specific users have more than others, but I sure have more than 200.

working