jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hubs that advertise their product

1. mary615 profile image96
    mary615posted 6 years ago

Is it permissable for a Hub to be purely an advertisement for the Hubber's business?

1. IzzyM profile image89
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, so long as there are no more than 2 links going back to their domain, or to the one domain, and that the hub shares something with the reader and isn't just a teaser advising the reader to click over to the other site to 'read more'.

However, if someone points back to the same domain in all their hubs, they will soon fall foul of the overly-promotional rule and find themselves unpublished.

1. mary615 profile image96
        mary615posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, IzzyM, you explained this very well!  I see some that are obviously just an advertisement for their business.  I like to "Hop Hubs", and I never know how to handle these.

1. IzzyM profile image89
          IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A lot of marketers spin their articles, which they then send out to hundreds of different sites, including Hubpages.
          It is a good idea to read a few sentences of each of those hubs to see if they read well.
          The use of spinners is against TOS, but unless someone has spun something that reads awkwardly most times they get away with it.

For example

"sometimes having not found any right choice will make your moral down like you are infirior to play just because of unliked choice of clothes which make you uncomfortable on course"

I just flagged that. Substandard does it.

2. mary615 profile image96
    mary615posted 6 years ago

I agree. I've noticed that most of these Hubs that advertise are poorly written, i.e. poor grammar, etc.

working