jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

how do you add the referral tracker to hubs?

1. jfay2011 profile image59
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

I have just recently heard about the referral tracker and would like to know how to add it.  I have a bunch of people from Twitter following me now.  I don't think I could get too many of my friends and family signing up but elsewhere I might.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You need to insert it directly after the Hubpages address:

hubpages.com/_yourtracker/restofaddress

The underscore basically "activates" the cookie that tracks the person.

To quickly get a referral tracker to a hub, click the share button and get link. It will automatically insert a tracker (you have one default tracker but can make more.)

For a deeper look at trackers and how they work, I'd recommend this hub by Darkside:

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/Referrals

jfay2011posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  And then do you put it in the link capsule?

jfay2011posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't think I did it right.  Example. hubpages.com/mytracker/Jfay2011.hubpages.com/hub/      and I put it in the link capsule.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
          QuestionMasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can use the tracker anywhere you want - either when you link between hubs (in text capsules), in the link capsule, or on your own site. Basically use it anywhere you'd use a normal Hubpages link.

Also, you need to place the underscore before your tracker for it to work. And an example of a correctly placed tracker would be this (in the case of a hub).

hxxp://questionmaster.hubpages.com/_trackername/hub/hubname

working