jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

I Have a Stalker--Lucky Me

1. KeithTax profile image71
    KeithTaxposted 6 years ago

On a small number of hubs I provide regular updates. For a few months now, everythime I publish an update, said stalker comments his anger and sometimes even verges on threats. At first I published the comments, allowing his opinion. Now I delete everything. I'm sick of the guy. Amusment has turned into an attitude.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Probably the best way to get rid of him, sounds like an attention seeker. Perhaps he just likes to see his name in print.

2. AEvans profile image80
      AEvansposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Dealt with that already. You can track his ip and report him to his provider. smile Before you delete, capture the ip. smile

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

This happened to me, starting maybe about three years ago, though in my instance, it was a woman wanting to marry me! She found me all across the Web, leaving comments and sending me messages via sites, blogs and other platforms. All I ever learned of her was that she lived in Spain, her name was Maria and she was approximately the same age as my mother! Touch wood, I haven't heard from her in a while...

I take it he is not a Hubber? Even then, his IP address should show up on your comments. Maybe tactfully pointing this out to him would resolve the problem...???

Good luck in getting it sorted.

1. mary615 profile image96
      mary615posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Gordon, how can I get an IP address?  Anyone........?

3. KeithTax profile image71
    KeithTaxposted 6 years ago

I think you are right, Hollie.

Good idea, Gordon. I'll point out his IP.

I just find it wild someone would follow a tax accountant around online. We are an exciting crowd, I guess. Right?

There are some very odd people on the internet. Maybe he has some kind of vendetta against tax accountants, who knows?

2. Don Fairchild profile image81
      Don Fairchildposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Humm, hmm  Maybe he was a past victim of an IRS audit???

1. KeithTax profile image71
        KeithTaxposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Possible, but I doubt it. Few of my clients get audited and when they do I usually win. I've been leaning toward looks. As in he doesn't like the way I look.

Why, what kind of comments has he made about the way you look? That is odd!

4. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

That's a bummer and I hope he learns that he is not contributing anything worth reading.  Keep up the great work!

5. mary615 profile image96
    mary615posted 6 years ago

I have someone who makes a lot of comments on my Hubs. It is not a Hubber. I can't tell what the person's IP address is.  I looked on "comments".  Any suggestions???  I'm just curious. This person is very pleasant.  They make multple comments on one Hub.  I first thought they were from FaceBook, but the one that was commented on was one I did NOT post to  FB. so that can't be the case.

I ave no idea, however, I'm just bumping the thread because I would like to know the answer, too.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm just posting to stalk hollie... who stalks that other guy...  Its an 8 degrees of separation thing...eventually Kevin Bacon will post.

Ohhhh, I have my first stalker big_smile Melissa, as much as I love you, you are lacking in that angry, evil "I will dominate you type madness" You're type of stalking is kind of warm and fuzzy. lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
            MelissaBarrettposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Demmit, I was going for menacing...

Ok, I'll go with that. I have to admit, I've seen men and women disappear from a thread, when they can no longer insult and make unsubstantiated claims. You rock, sista! big_smile

working