How to get hubs noticed

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Browneesorchids profile image63
    Browneesorchidsposted 12 years ago

I am new on the hub scene and enjoying the adventure already. I was wondering  how to get noticed and increase visitors and followers. I was informed that there's a potential to make a small income from visitors not only visiting your hub but utilizing the ads on the page. Awaiting advice....

1. Cyber Scribe profile image73
      Cyber Scribeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Treat it as a learning experience. There are a lot of hubs explaining how to get more traffic, but those that do get good traffic have written a lot of hubs and have been here a long time. Every time you write a new hub, people look at what you've written in the past. Think of building a collection rather than just writing a few random hubs.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Here's some really good advice, http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

After that all I have to say is that it takes more than two days and one Hub.

3. QuestionMaster profile image79
    QuestionMasterposted 12 years ago

Internal traffice (followers and other hubbers) doesn't bring you money and only lasts a few days after publication.

If you want money you need to attract views from search engines. For some good hubs with in depth information about it, check out the links on my profile.

As relache said, there is TONS of information if you are willing to learn, and it can't just be summed up in one post.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

QuestionMaster has some links on their profile that I found helpful.

5. Browneesorchids profile image63

Thank you for all your helpful posts and directed me to the right place. I appreciate you reaching out. Best Wishes

6. Writer Fox profile image32
    Writer Foxposted 12 years ago

I agree with QuestionMaster.  For an in depth look at SEO I just posted a comprehensive Hub that you can find from my profile page.  If you want to monetize, your goal when posting a HubPage should be to bring visitors from outside the Hub community.

7. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

How hard is it to reply to someone instead of sending them to links?

If you want traffic, you need to write around topics that are searched for, and use a search friendly term to title your hub.

Don't paraphrase what someone else has already written online.

Benefits of cider vinegar, for example. Google it, and every one has written the same whether true or not.

Might use different words, but they all say the same.

Once you have your title, and your article, you then need to re-write that article for search engines.

I don't bother, but I should. Search engines are not human, they are bots, they look for certain keyword phrases on your page. Not there, and they gloss you over, no matter how well written your content is.

I haven't looked at what the OP has written, but he needs to ask himself (or find out) is it searched for? Have I optimized it for traffic?

Get it right, and the traffic will come.

8. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

The best way to get sites noticed by the search engines quickly is to post them on Twitter, Stumbleupon, Digg which are already located in your share menu at the foot of each hub. You can also ping a new hub...after the search engines index it, Hubpages articles usually rank quite high on their own and then traffic will follow

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Richie please do not advise new hubbers to use those sites - facebook and twitter are one thing, but the others - Digg, Stumbleupon etc want some kind of user participation, and just posting links marks them as a spammer which is sure to get them banned.

The share tools are the bottom of hubs is for readers to share if they enjoyed them, not the hub author.

9. Browneesorchids profile image63

I have to spread thank you's all around for you guys sharing information on my questions and concerns. I am trying to get a hang of the lingo on hub and between hubbers. Meanwhile just enjoying a place to share our passion-writing. So how do I submit my hub for availability through search engines like google, dogpile, or bing?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Their bots will pick your hub up automatically, so i wouldn't bother doing anything, except concentrate on writing a good hub for the reader.

2. Cyber Scribe profile image73
      Cyber Scribeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Write a really good hub, then people who read it will want to share it with their friends. Google etc will pick it up, but there's nothing like writing something so good that others will want to share. But that takes time. Be patient and keep writing.

3. marriedwithdebt profile image77
      marriedwithdebtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you ping your new Hubs right after publishing, they will get indexed by Google faster. I've had Hubs get to page 2 on the first day of publishing. I use Ping O Matic. It's easy. Don't ping them repeatedly though. If you do a major rewrite or update of a hub, you can ping again

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)