jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is there any way to block someone from commenting on your hubs?

1. workingmomwm profile image88
    workingmomwmposted 6 years ago

For the past few months, someone calling herself Julie Halfen has been trying to comment on my "Best of the Wiggles" hub, inviting Murray "Wiggle" over to her house for dinner or any number of extracurricular activities. I've been denying the comments and deleting them as spam, but she just keeps coming with the same old thing, and it's getting really annoying!

Is there any way I can stop this? I'm thinking about just getting rid of the comments capsule altogether. Would that be the way to go? Please help!

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If this helps....when the person leaves a comment, as the author and owner of your hub, it reveals an IP address. You can send an email to the ISP of that IP address and file your complaint toward this person. Using SPAM or Abuse should be good enough.

Make sure you explain in detail the problems, dates and times, which you get the comments. Make sure you document everything.

workingmomwmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Thanks, Cagsil. I didn't even think about that. If she tries it again, I just might do that. :-)

2. QuestionMaster profile image85
    QuestionMasterposted 6 years ago

Is she a member of Hubpages? If so, you can report her.

However if she's just someone leaving random comments, you can go into your comments capsule and turn the comments to "hubpages accounts only". That way she can't comment without signing up.

As long as you have comments on moderation, she can't do much more than annoy  you - so I guess it's up to you whether you want to keep deleting comments or turn them off completely.

workingmomwmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No. She's not a member; otherwise, I would have reported her. Thanks for the advice about setting the comments to HP accounts only. I'll give that a try!

1. msshandriaball profile image80
        msshandriaballposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would get rid of the comment section all together this person seems to be persistent .

1. QuestionMaster profile image85
          QuestionMasterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If the hub only allows comments from members, then she'll need to sign up as a member to comment. And if she does that, then she can be banned - and enough bans means she might get IP banned. smile

working