jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Hub Earnings

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

How can the revenue potential of a hub be increased?
    Is there something extra that can be done to a published hub?

1. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What I would say add something interesting, use high quality keywords and even backlink. It is good to make hub interesting to attract others especially when you are using capsules like video etc.

Good luck

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you're referring to the $$$$$ symbols, I'd ignore that. It's an indication based on keywords but ONLY if you get a) traffic and b) clicks.

As nicregi said, keywords and backlinks can help, but some topics don't attract clicks or sales.

1. nicregi profile image65

Truly agree here on what QuestionMaster said.

Last time the $$$ sign really attracted me big time but again, it works well especially when your hub is makred the Hub of the Day. If not, pointless really.

I think what you should do is focus on traffic cos more traffic = more chance of clicks etc.

2. profile image0
    natalijadposted 5 years ago

I have 5 hubs,121 views and my earning is 0.01$.
    I donĀ“t understand the calculation of HubPages.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you're referring to the HP ad program, it's based around things like traffic, clicks etc.

With 121 views it's likely that your traffic is nearly all from other hubbers, which is worth little or nothing.

Traffic from search engines is where the money comes from.

2. nicregi profile image65

5 hubs is still new. I am with 50+ hubs and about $0.30 to $0.50 per day (with traffic of about 130 - 150) which are mainly from search engines. It could varies due to topic and many other hidden marking methods.

Just write and as time pass, you will see your earning increases. Some writers see the light of earning only after 12 months or so. Take your time and enjoy writing!

1. kmackey32 profile image80
        kmackey32posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have 86 hubs and with hubpage ads I make $2 to $2.50 a day but I have been here more than 2 years.

3. tnvrstar profile image76
      tnvrstarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

QuestionMaster is right. Most of the revenues from Hubpages ad program comes from the search engine traffic. I have tried increasing my views by sharing it many places and publishing new articles. But Hubpages ad program revenues did not change. On the other-hand when My Hubs gets High traffic from search engines , my traffic increases dramatically.

You should know that it takes time to earn money from Hubpages. You will need to work hard for 6 months to see a rise in your earnings. Patience is the key to success. Within 6 months try to write 20+ high quality unique articles. Something really rare but interesting.  I am sure you will have success.

3. profile image0
    natalijadposted 5 years ago

thank you all smilesmile.I will do my best.If any of you have time to look my hubs and see if I am doing something wrong.I would appreciate a little help:).

1. rmcrayne profile image95
      rmcrayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It takes a lot of reading homework for most of us to learn the basics for making a modest income on HubPages.  I read for 5 weeks before I wrote a hub.  This hub by frogdropping will point you to the same hubbers I read in the early days:

http://frogdropping.hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Help

It also takes a lot of patience. For those of us that are not SEO & keyword experts, it took 6-12 months to make our first $100 payout.

1. profile image0
        natalijadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you

working