jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Another Panda update???

1. Ms Chievous profile image78
    Ms Chievousposted 5 years ago

This link says there will be another Panda Update... Great.. sad

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c … 987497.DTL

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

CRAP!

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

i didnt read the article, but Panda is a constant - new update almost EVERY month

make it a habit to go by searchengineland or other search industry sites here and there as these type of details are kinda good to know smile

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image93
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

Let's face it, it can go either way.  Sure, Huppages as a whole could suffer, but what is possibly more likely since the subdom switch is that some hubbers will benefit (surge) and some will lose out (sink).

Alternatively, as the article suggests only 1% of domains will be effected, there might be no big changes for individual hubbers?

(The brutal truth is that it's all relative and when you go up, that means the people above you are coming down!)

This comment is a long-winded way of saying nobody knows what will happen!  wink

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Moreover, they say that this update is trying to "un-punish" sites that aren't black hat spammers. 

What people so easily forget is that Google really does have a vested interest in delivering good search results.   If you have good content that searchers would be happier to find than some dumbo piece of junk article that is outranking you now, Google wants to fix that.   

Whether they can or not is the question, but they do want to.

4. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

The last one was friendly to me. My traffic from Google increased after so am hoping for the same.

Why so often with the updates?

1. relache profile image84
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

People wanted Google to be more clear about when they update their algorithm, so now they are.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Nope,

Nothing scary here at all. Google updates every day, every week and every month to stay on top of search and weed out crap.

This particular update says within the above mentioned article.

'During the month of October, a reported 11.2 billion searches were conducted on Google. The company announced that less than 1 percent of domains will be affected by the new update.

So nothing new under the sun, nothing scary here either.

It's all good people as its business as usual.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There was some Google 'flux' on the 18th of November. Google it and see. Google said it affected less than 1% of results.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image93
        PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I lost 45% of traffic that day, but 'most' of it came back, thank goodness!  (It was the start of the weekend so I would've lost 20-25% anyway).  It didn't half panic me though!

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If we follow the correct way for format, keywords, backlinking etc for our online writing in a natural way, then yes, I like Panda as that should advantage us rather than disadvantage us.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think we have anything to worry about with these updates. I think Panda was the one to worry about and many of us survived it.

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Many more of us didn't survive the August 10th update. Would be nice if Google fixed what they broke.

6. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 5 years ago

It doesn't sound like doom and gloom to me. The update seems to be aimed at helping those unfairly punished by the first Panda update.

working