jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Re: Feedback on my first two hubs...please :-)

1. Infiniteresearch profile image84
    Infiniteresearchposted 5 years ago

These are my first two hubs and I have two more in the works. Before I publish more I'd love to get some feedback on the ones I've already published.

http://infiniteresearch.hubpages.com/hu … r-children

http://infiniteresearch.hubpages.com/hu … lectronics

Thank you from a newbie :-)

1. Alecia Murphy profile image83
      Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great job infiniteresearch! I think you did thorough research. The only thing I would express concern with it the length. If it's going to be this long, you might want to break it into smaller capsules or use bullet points to draw in a focus. Let me know if you have any other concerns that I can help you with, but I think you're off to a great start. I left more specific comments on the college preparedness hub. Keep up the good work!

Infiniteresearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just checked out your comments on that Hub and made an adjustment already. I also wondered about the length. I'd seen some advice on creating several on the same subject shortly after I published this one....I'm working on it...but I tend to get going and forget to have a reasonable cut off point. lol

2. kschang profile image88
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Regarding the Pandigital thing:

I'm a techie geek, and I miss the technical details.

You also failed to explain what drew you to the Pandigital, other than "it won't hurt as much if my daughter broke it". What did you LIKE about it?

And what needs to be FIXED with it? You sort of glossed over it.

And what is the PURPOSE of the hub? Is it "there are alternatives to iPad"? As a "mom" or as a "budget-conscious consumer" or other?

I would categorize the audience for this hub as parents and consumers, so it's doesn't get into higher level technical details.

The main point of the hub was just to relate my experience trying to find a low cost tech toy for my daughter and share what I'd learned during the process of trying to find ways to 'soup it up'', for lack of a better term, so that I'd get a few 'oohs and ahhs' Christmas morning.

I felt providing links to the information on the 'fixes' was a better way to relate the technical aspects.

Thanks for your comments and I hope you view some of my other hubs as well.

2. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I think you are going to do just fine.

Thank you Pcunix :-)

working