Hubs Frozen- All of them need revision

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (31 posts)
  1. I_Lurk_ThoseCells profile image40
    I_Lurk_ThoseCellsposted 12 years ago

All my hubs are marked for revision.

Earlier this morning I received alerts for few hubs and then all of them were unpublished.

I send message to hub support. I didn't receive any notifications or instructions what should I do. I never had any troubles before. I even used "Check for Violations Now" tool, and everything seemed to be okay. I tried to publish new content, but that content is also held.

Now, I don't understand why my older hubs- which don't have any links but internal hubpages links - are also frozen. And I don't understand why the hubpages team gave me links to example hubs which are not connected to my niche at all, have a few sentences, some big pictures from pastry topic or whatever and I think one of the hubs was enough boring to sleep in a raging baby dragon? Also, I got alert that my content is short an poorly written- but the alert was for the hubs which are pretty long and have no grammar issues. Maybe I miss an apostrophe or question mark somewhere?

I have read somewhere in your forum that this can be because I'm not US citizen. Is that true?

If that's a case than I think hubpages should make a statement in the beginning of sign up process - something like "We don't allow members from anywhere but US." That would be very helpful for us, Europe folks. We're very blunt. Also, it's very blunt to gather AdSense impressions trough my low quality and substandard writing, than freeze it and keep the traffic count for yourself.

It'll be really nice is you explain me what kind of moral model you use to explain this to my obviously pissed logic.

Thank you.
    Aschatria

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it has anything to do with your country of origin.  There are lots of hubbers from outside the U.S. on here.

I looked over some of your cached hubs, the language is very very choppy.  The biggest problem I see is with article usage.

This might help:  http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/540/01/

I_Lurk_ThoseCellsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you wrote on here and forgot to use article....

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

*Shrugs* Or you could just blow off the suggestions of everyone who hasn't been moderated and assume that it is some sort of personal vendetta.  I was trying to help, but I guess I'm done here.  Good luck with that whole getting your hubs republished thing.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to make you uncomfortable or start any flaming discussion. You have to understand this is not a source of my income at all, this is only hobby writing. The only thing that agitates me is that the whole thing doesn't make any logic. I was interested to hear suggestions from the members who had the same or similar problem. I got my answer from IzzyM. It was very nice of you to provide that link. Thank you.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I found cached copies of one of your hubs. Even if it is your own you can't republish them here if they still appear online.

http://issuu.com/aschatriaxyana/docs/po … rticles_ax

And believe me, Hubpages accepts writers from all over the world. You might have some removed because your English at times seems awkward.

The Twitter one might have been deemed too personal. If you open each hub it should tell you at the top what the issue is.

Only substandard, no further explanation was provided but a few links to articles outside of my niche and stuffed with pictures. No hubs were reported for 8 months and I used violation tool to confirm them every time.

3. I_Lurk_ThoseCells profile image40

I'm sending my messages to contact support the whole day.The message on my hubs and received inbox messages says:

Substandard

But I didn't receive any notifications for 8 full months. They didn't have any filters for AN, THE and As (article usage) so long? And I don't believe that little mistakes can put you in delete category. I saw worse hubs, and I saw really short ones made only from few sentences, videos and loads of pictures.

Please define "choppy". How should I make tutorials? Should I write an encyclopedia? The example hub they refer for the best source had 5 sentences. The pdf resource page you mention didn't appear on hubpages violation form or any daily report check I run every time I published my hubs.

I agree that hubpages accept writers from all over the world, but I'm also convinced it KEEPS only local. I didn't see any local member had any problem, heard about it or find anything about it on your and any other forum.

The linking to external sites is another thing. If that is an issue- than why not make a filter to deal with it.I don't think it's such a big trouble for hubpages to limit links.

I'm not eager to publish here if they are going to freeze everything I got because 5 of my hubs are substandard. And I would not waste my entire day to republish everything.

I need correct and direct answer from the team. What have I done on every hub that cause the violation report for all of them?

Than I will have enough information to decide would I publish here or on my own pages. I don't want to waste my time somewhere where I'm not:

A) welcome to publish
    B) place that eats my time and energy
    C) hobby writing that doesn't give back

... while I have my own fresh places which are providing more without any violation reports or hick ups from any advertiser. AdSense included.

Thank you for your attention, but I still believe this site is pro west oriented and all others are purely used for momentary traffic increase. In 7 days I had about 500 page views, so if you count every no native with the same value you will get some pretty interesting values.

By the way Squidoo have double PR and almost double monthly add income, so I think I 'll hop there if I can't get any solid support help and if my hubs will be constantly frozen from time to time just for the joy of the moment or fun before holidays.

Thank you for your reply.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not a US citizen and English is not my first language either...I have had no problems with any of my hubs on account of my nationality ...
      I guess when we write online, we need to be understood by everyone, no matter where they are from .. An expectation I would consider fair by any standards.. If we do not improve, no matter where we write, our articles may never be read... just my thoughts and opinion on the issue.

In other words, I was put under revision because my articles wasn't read enough? Interesting. I have to say an idea that should be considered.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And the fact that you have an article that appears elsewhere.

I didn't received notification about that, but as I said I will wait till they inform me.

2. sofs profile image77
          sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry that was not meant to offend, my point was HP does not  pull you down   because of your nationality.. they just follow Google standards...And there is always scope for improvement in the best of the best...that is how I see it...  Anyways I see that you have reached out for help..best wishes to you.

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Linking internally must be really relevant, so just randomly linking to your own Hubs can also get Hubs moderated.  And I have to say, if your Hubs are written with the same command of English as in your posts, I can see that being a reason for revision. 

Admin can take a little while to respond, they ask that you allow up to 48 hours for a reply, so repeatedly mailing them just because you're agitated is only going to back up the moderation queue even more.

Thanks

... for flaming on me without reason, of course.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I had at look at a couple of your hubs through the Google cache, and perhaps I looked at different ones to the others but I didn't see anything wrong. Your English is very good for a non-native speaker.

I think the problem here is that you have published some hubs which were either very short, or in which the language wasn't up to scratch.

If you can remember the hubs that were flagged first, please go over them and perhaps make them longer, or get a native English speaker to help you brush them up a bit.

Hubpages do tend to unpublish ALL hubs if they find a few not up to standard, but for sure many of your hubs are up to standard and have just caught the flak from the ones that weren't.

Thank you. I'll wait and see would they accept them or not.

6. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Just revise your hubs or move on. What's the big deal?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay! That's a good one.

Four of five mentioned hubs are my top visited content in last 7 days.
      I'm not sure which part of them should I change, because seems that people like them. Even if they are short and so badly written.

P.S. I'm not mad or anything, I'm just enjoying this too much. LOL

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If they're written similar to what you've written here, and on your profile page, I'm NOT surprised they need to be revised.

They didn't mention to rewrite my profile page. Please, if you don't find it inconvenient you can provide examples of my mistakes. I wouldn't mind at all. Thank you.

"...another bite a gunshot tube, not very smart but then again if fish stinks it’s from a head ..."

And the correct construction will be...

Please continue, I'm really reasonable person when it comes to my mistakes.

I charge quite a bit for my editing services. But if you're willing to pay....

Aww, don't be shy. Drop me a line in inbox.

7. I_Lurk_ThoseCells profile image40

I'm truly grateful to all members who took time and answer my problem. I would really love to hear some thoughts from members of the hubpages who "survived" ice age of their account.
    It would be great help to me to hear a word or two from those members. Thank you all once again.

8. I_Lurk_ThoseCells profile image40

Final decision of the hubpages team:

"Your HubPages account has been placed on probation as a result of repeated rules violations. All of your hubs have been unpublished and will require moderator review in order to be republished. Please revise your hubs as necessary and submit them for review.

After manual review, many of your hubs were found to be substandard, with grammar and spelling issues that interfere with the credibility/readability of the content.  For more information on this, please refer to the following entry from our Learning Center: 

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … lity"

I'm not eager to repair my hubs, so I'll just delete them all together with my account. In my opinion I am wasting my time here.

Thank you all who tried to help me, I'm off.

Aschatria

9. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 12 years ago

I haven't read your cached articles but by your posts, the  only missing grammar I see from you is the word 'a' is not used as a singular connector. That shouldn't be enough to get 'frozen' articles so it probably is that the articles were under the 'word count' and after manually checking, the staff probably decided to 'freeze' all to get (a) brush-up in content. notice the a in parentheses as the connector. It's a typical mistake by Europeans not familiar with English, and is easily correctable , but I must say your command of the English language is much better than I could do with yours.

Aw, thanks , so nice to hear that.
      But nah! It's zero importance.
      I decide not to write, but only read other people stuff.
      Receipts and home making stuff.

And by the way to delete myself I have to contact staff again and I'm not eager to talk to them. The list of the regulation and violations they send me is a mile long.

I think that receipts and commenting suits me the best. Cheers!

10. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 12 years ago

Yep ! Cheers !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)