LMAO, my second amazon sale.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (21 posts)
  1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

My second month here I got a small sale for a bottle of vitamins. 

Now my friends, I have struck gold this month.  I apparently sold a replacement tractor seat.  Yes, the kind that goes on a real tractor.

I have absolutely no idea how the demographics of my hubs work out to one of my readers needing a tractor seat.  I personally, have never participated in or wrote about any activity that could even conceivably involve a tractor seat... but woohoo anyway!  Those little things cost more than I would have imagined...if I was ever inclined to imagine such a thing.

2. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 12 years ago

maybe it's fate's way of telling you your next hub should be about tractors...

MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I could indeed write a hub about my vast knowledge of tractors... which (after today) includes :

Tractors have seats.  Some of those seats are apparently yellow. They cost about 100 bucks to replace.

Think it would be flagged for length?

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, just keep repeating those sentences.  It will be fine.  Trust me, I are a professionalerist.

I'll spin it...

Farm vehicles have butt holsters.  A percentage of those butt holsters are canary hued.  They require approximately 10 thousand U.S. pennies to substitute.

See, I'm up to about 70 words now.

Excellent.  You are well on your way to wealthfullness.

Did you know that you can make hundreds of dollars per day with absolutely no effort?  It may not be true, but it sure is fun saying it, isn't it?

Oh, I probably could... but only in certain areas of Nevada.

It's still effort.. well it is if you want any real money :-)

As is often the case when replying to you... Every reply that I can think of would get me banned wink

I keep trying to lead you over the edge :-)

2. Melovy profile image93
            Melovyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This made me laugh. So I’ll give you some free information.
            Massey Ferguson is a famous make of tractor and they have black seats - or maybe it’s red. smile The tractors are often blue anyway (or at least my father’s is blue.) Tractors have big wheels, and little wheels. And tractor drivers like to wait at the edge of a narrow road until they see a car coming and then pull out in front of them - at least according to a very funny sketch i once saw on TV. smile

2. Rising Caren profile image80
        Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Read some books about tractors. Wait a few days so your brain can get rid of the stuff you don't remember, which means the stuff you do remember are the things that you understood well enough to become part of your knowledge. Write from what you remember without ever looking back at the books, then credit your sources.

(you can replace books with other sources, but the idea is that you wait a few days for the information to become yours and so you can write directly from what you learned, though you still have to credit in the end. A link list or such is fine.)

Things you may want to  think about:
        1) are they always yellow? if so, why?
        2) why would a person need a replacement? In other words, how do they break?
        3) What is the common price range for such a seat in a brick and mortar store?
        4) How to tell if a seat is good quality? Material? Popular brands? Country of origin?
        5) Can seats come in different sizes? Does it matter what tractor the buyer has?

*smiles*

I'll tell you what RC, you are more than welcome to my previously untapped keyword goldmine smile  Please link the hub when you are done, I wanna read smile

1. Rising Caren profile image80

It's your miracle amazon sale. You should do it tongue I don't wanna read about tractors.

However, I will say that I have had some unrelated sales on my amazon that led me to try new niches, even if just for one or two hubs (or other online articles).

LMAO, nah I'll pass.  Like PCUnix said, anyone who read anything else I've written would know it was a straight out sales pitch.  I'll write articles that I need to do some research on (and do 10 or 15 of these a month for a "content farm" that pays upfront), but only those that I have at least basic knowledge of.

Hmm maybe I will then if you won't. My father-in-law used to ride tractors (more for fun than for farming, but still, he rode them a lot back in Ireland); he might give me some experienced insight.

Still, if I do write one, it won't be any time soon. It takes time to learn a brand new subject well enough to write something that doesn't reek of newbie sales pitch - something worthy enough for a real tractor owner to read.

2. Pcunix profile image92

Sigh..

I wish people wouldn't do this.

Isn't there enough of that out there already?  If I wanted to read about tractor seats, I want to read something written by somebody who has actually sat on one and wore it out or had a horse eat it or a friend accidentally shoot it..

I want EXPERIENCE, not a researched bit of fluff.

I'll make exceptions if you haven't actually bought your tractor yet but do need one and have been researching your needs.  That could actually be helpful because you'll have the same questions I might have if I ever needed to buy one.  Your fresh investigation from real need could be interesting and helpful.

But just picking something out of Amazon because you'd like to sell it is, in my opinion, not something we need any more of.

YMMV and I expect many of you may disagree.  You won't be changing my mind, though :-)

I do understand your feelings.

That's why when I do it, I'm very thorough. I try to think about various questions I have (and thus a reader might have) and find answers for all rather than write fluff.

Now, I would never write about tractors. However, if I find a product where I can try it, or at least try a cheaper alternative to it, then often I will.

Usually, if I do it based on unrelated sales, I try to experience it in some way and take an interest in it. It's not just a 2 day thing, which is why I don't do it often - it takes sooooo much more work than writing about something you already know. However, how else are you supposed to gain new knowledge than by finding out what else is out there?

Aypu.  As I said, if you are researching a purchase or can pysche yourself up so that you are really acting like someone who was serious would, I think you can write a decent page.

Most Amazon hunters don't.  We have far too much of their junk polluting HP and the Web in general.

3. chicagoguy profile image63
    chicagoguyposted 12 years ago

too bad !! i can't use amazon module being in IL !!

Well as soon as amazon and HP work out their arrangement, you'll be able to use HP's assigned amazon and earn this way too.

Just gotta wait a little bit longer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)