This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

So....why does.....

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

my unpublished hub shows 20 views when i've only looked at it 3 times myself.  i wrote it a few days ago and have left it unpublished  until i'm inspired to edit it and finally publish it before i take off for the xmas season.  it doesn't have ads attached to it - mine never do.  whatup?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Bots!  It's always those pesky little boogers causing all of the mischief! smile

SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years agoin reply to this

okay so forget the mice...it's bots!...good to know

i realize now it's probably me! big_smile...you callin' me a bot?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, of course not!  Perhaps a bot hole....!  lol

1. Rehana Stormme profile image81
            Rehana Stormmeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!

Anyway, I noticed the same thing with my unpublished hubs too....bots! That explains it.

2. Pearldiver profile image79
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Come On Mate.... sad

You Should Know by now that any tasty Hub on Cheese is gonna attract Mice! big_smile

thanks for the cheesy info!...haven't published one in a while.... think it's been about 5 months.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Someway,

Usually either traveling to the hub or clicking on the edit link on your statistics page will create a view. If you travel to the hub and you click out quickly, then no view is registered. But, if you click on edit and then leave, a view is automatically registered.

As for the ads? There are never any ads on unpublished hubs.

i guess that is it...when i previewed it a few times while i was working on it...just wondering.  thanks.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey Someway, when you use the "preview" button in edit mode, it does add to your views. I just noticed that it does that recently. Never noticed it before, but did recently.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

okay...today, i figure.....there are definitely mice and bot holes!...

working