jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

How many HubPage accounts can you have?

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

I already have two and am wondering if it would be OK to launch another? I can't find anything on this matter.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can have as many as you like. But remember when they refuse to consolidate your earnings - each account has to reach $50 HPad payout and pretty much stands alone. Plus  - all my niche accounts tanked very, very badly when they went to subdomains. One big account will be much stronger than multiple small ones.

1. 2uesday profile image84
        2uesdayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, it is useful to know this as I was wondering if one account gets a bit 'unwieldy' and also if niches worked out for the best.

I have one other account it was going to be for poetry and creative writing but it is a lead balloon so far, for incoming traffic and everything else.

2. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

why do you have so many btw??

2. ngureco profile image88
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

I think you can have many accounts here. But you have to bear in mind earnings from HP ads from each account are not consolidated together.

3. Bard of Ely profile image87

The reason I asked and am considering this is because I write a lot on specific niches and that is why my second page is for Tenerife. I have recently done a lot of hubs about tropical fish and have started writing about moths and butterflies, whilst already am known as a writer on conspiracy theory stuff. I have heard it said that to present articles all in the same field improves your chances of getting good traffic. I could set myself up as a moth expert for example or have a new account just for conspiracy theory and paranormal.

Thanks for your advice, Mark, and ngureco!

1. lobobrandon profile image84

Yup I agree with being a niche writer and surely it will get you better jobs big_smile
      I instead give them links to my hubs. For now till this account works out I guess I'll stick with just a single account

4. ngureco profile image88

I can see your point and it’s the most professional thing to do… but then there is a cost to it.

And you are already grouping related hubs using “Your Hub Groups”. Perhaps this may be preferable for the time being rather than having your earnings waiting for nine months to reach payment threshold…. Get most of your money off the table, if you can.

5. Bard of Ely profile image87

Well I know some niches are unlikely to make much money for me here but I also know that what gets published on HP can lead to serious work elsewhere. I would love to establish myself as a wildlife and nature writer so if I built up a reputation for knowing my subject, be it moths or herbs or fish or whatever, I would be more likely to get such work. I could use a niche HubPage account as a showcase. At the moment I look like a 'Jack of all trades' writer which is fine for general purposes but can also put off people who are looking for specific subjects.

6. ngureco profile image88

Yours is then a unique case. Just go ahead and have another account on wildlife and nature. I know you are a good writer and you will make it.

I have some hubs on animals and wildlife and I do get a few offers to write elsewhere but since I don’t know how to go about it, I just ignore them.

7. CASE1WORKER profile image76
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

Go ahead and do it.I love the idea of professional standard writing on subjects that we are qualified  through study and or experience to write about. Why should HP forever be the source of "100 top books to read this Xmas"?
    I have already diversified ,having a second account for my historical hubs which is growing rather slowly. However I dont care, it will sink or swim in time and as we experienced hubbers know, it all takes time.
    From a different viewpoint I was hit and sandboxed in the autumn and am only just seeing a little light. In circumstances like this, where the cause of the slump is unidentifiable, it pays not to have all ones eggs in one basket, so to speak.
    Good luck with the new account if you decide to do it.

8. Charles James profile image80
    Charles Jamesposted 5 years ago

I have three identities. I started off as "Charles James" which is my real name. I decided to write some Amazon linked hubs about household goods, and decided I did not want my intellectually respectable image sullied by comfort seats and power drills - so "Dave Digger" writes about these. As a lawyer and law educator I set up "About The Law", intending like Dave Digger to create a viable marketing identity.

The basic problem is fitting hub writing into the other things I do.

1. Dorothee-Gy profile image72
      Dorothee-Gyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Charles, thanks for this post, this solves one of the problems I had so far, like really not wanting to get some product reviews mixed up with the rest I'm writing about, since it somehow 'messes up' my overall portfolio. That always kept me from doing more reviews.

9. Bard of Ely profile image87

I may well give it a go with a third account and will use it for writing about butterflies and moths. I know a lot about them and am very concerned about their serious decline in many places. I don't expect many people to be interested in ads for butterfly and moth books etc but I'll be able to build up a great  'expert knowledge' niche HubPage account here.

I'm not a fan of moths but I'd love to read about butterflies. Let us know your account username smile

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
        Bard of Elyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't opened a new account yet and probably won't for a while because I am very busy right now. It will probably be called Butterfly and Mothman. I have a great avatar photo of me with a Monarch butterfly on my head.

Oh that's great smile Sorry for the late reply big_smile

10. SinghRajput profile image61
    SinghRajputposted 5 years ago

Only one, and no worth summing up next

working