jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

I just created a new question and it is coming as closed for answers

1. whizcreed profile image63
    whizcreedposted 5 years ago

I just created a new question. I have not mentioned the link on purpose as it might break some forum rule.

And the question is coming automatically closed for new answers. Did I do something wrong?

How can I fix this issue?

I have tried reading faq and search the learning center but without much help.

Please help,

Aditya

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this
        whizcreedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link. I have read it but I do not see how I could have violated these basic rules.

I did mention a domain name of a site (an internet giant) the question was related to but I doubt anyone would make it as promotional.

I feel that an automated system might have seen it like that and flagged it but I would like it to be approved as I did not mean it to be promotional or at the least be allowed to edit the question.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

It would probably be easier to just improve the question, leave of the full url, and repost.

I can understand rules and automated checks put in place to ensure the quality here. But what if someone needs some actual support then who does one goes to?

This is rather demotivating !

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Why don't you just email the moderators and ask for further clarification?  After all, they are the ones who closed it.

I did not see how to contact a moderator for a question, the option does not shows with the question.

Can you please point me in the right direction to contact a moderator for this.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Demotivating?  Jeez.  What sort of question is it?

If it's vital then why not just ask it here, in this thread?

Someone might answer.

No, I did not mean about the question it was only out of curiosity.

I meant, I am trying to contribute in high spirit by creating hubs, answering questions. I am trying my best not to do anything that would lead to being flagged.

For example I pasted definition of two words from dictionary in one of my hubs and it was taken off as duplicate content. I replied to moderator but no response. I removed the definitions and resubmitted and it got approved.

Now do you expect me to write dictionaries and reinvent English

Seems like I can contact moderators for questions as well, and I will do that and wait for some response.

Thanks for showing interest smile

5. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

The mods have a lot of work to do.  As far as I am aware they always try to get back to people but you can imagine what a full time job it is.

I guess you got unlucky a couple of times.

No, it was just once with that definition thing which I felt was unfair. I have set a very high expectation from this site and I am completely loving it. And probably that is why I took it a bit personally.

Guess, I should take it a bit lightly...

working