jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I am a newbie, please critique my hub so I can improve. Thanks!!

1. LauraGSpeaks profile image99
    LauraGSpeaksposted 5 years ago
    1. brittanytodd profile image91
      brittanytoddposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is a great hub!  I would probably add more photos and maybe change the title to be something more search engine friendly.  I don't have any suggestions for it, though, but I'm sure that the Title Tuner has given you suggestions on what people search for (if your hub has been getting traffic from Google). 

I enjoyed reading it, but if I were searching for things to do at WonderWorks, I may skim over the first paragraph because it seems personal.  I think it's an excellent hub, but if you want to increase your traffic from search engines, you should edit so the first paragraph explains what WonderWorks is and why the reader would want to go there  (then dive into your personal experiences).

Great work, good luck and welcome to HubPages!!!

1. LauraGSpeaks profile image99
        LauraGSpeaksposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, brittanytodd.  I did try the title tuner, but it did not list any suggestions.  Do you think that is because all my traffic is coming from Hubpages?  Thanks for the suggestions on the first paragraph too.  I will edit it..

1. brittanytodd profile image91
          brittanytoddposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome and yes, the title tuner will only show suggestions if it has been viewed from search engines.  If you use Google Keywords, you can paste in your url and it will suggest keywords for you.  Then, you can make the title of your hub, something that people will search for on Google, Yahoo, etc.

2. diogenes profile image81
    diogenesposted 5 years ago

Just write, publish and check your comments.  People won't come out and criticise your articles - in fact, few are qualified to do so.  Writers rarely criticise other writers (we all have tremendous egos), but you will soon see if your articles are interesting to other hubbers and, indeed, to people looking for information on Google, etc.
    Hub Pages is not a school or a writer's workshop.  Your best bet is to explore the vast panolpy of articles on hubpages on practically every subject.  Study those which interest you. 
    You will develop your own style as you go along.  I suggest you use humor, but carefully; write from the heart without being boring, and...good luck!
    Bob

3. ITcoach profile image61
    ITcoachposted 5 years ago

You're welcome on Hubpages and title tuner will only show suggestions.If you use Google Keywords, you can paste in your url and it will suggest keywords for you. Make the title that mostly people search on search engines.

working