jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

To change a Hub entirely

1. colpolbear profile image98
    colpolbearposted 5 years ago

So I've been thinking a bit off topic here.  What if, let's say, a person were to create an amazing hub.  It gets a lot of attention, everyone loves it, and there are a ton of comments.  All of a sudden, the publisher edits the entire Hub to be completely pointless and awful, but all of the glorifying comments remain.  How do you suppose the community and random onlookers would feel about this?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The hub would be flagged as substandard, then unpublished by moderators.

1. colpolbear profile image98
      colpolbearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay.  This wasn't something I was planning to do or anything.  It was just more of a curiosity.  I've been thinking a bit abstract lately.  Thanks!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

That was how I understood your question as well. You are welcome!

4. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I understand the question is hypothetical. But why would anyone even want to do this?

I can see maybe changing it to have the opposite point of view as the original, though. For instance you have a great hub about what a scam something is, then after getting great feedback, change it to an advertisement of the scam.

5. colpolbear profile image98
    colpolbearposted 5 years ago

I was thinking more for kicks and giggles.  What you proposed would be ingenious though.  Hmmmmmm.....Maybe this has happened before.....

1. WryLilt profile image92
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't be surprised. Internet blackhatters are always coming up with new ways to game the system!

6. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If the Hub were to become pointless and awful, most likely it would be moderated, as Website Examiner pointed out.

However the changes and results would probably go entirely unnoticed by those who had visited and commented in the past.  And it's possible that most new visitors would never see the past comments, as comments tend to reside at the bottom of a Hub and with really bad ones, people don't read down that far.

1. WryLilt profile image92
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good points.

Although the fact it has comments may add to its chances of ranking in search engines (still).

working