jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Rip Them Apart

1. colpolbear profile image86
    colpolbearposted 5 years ago

I'm still getting into this so I want to know where I can improve.

Here is one that I put a lot of time into.  I'm thinking the issue is that it might just not be interesting.

http://colpolbear.hubpages.com/hub/Pens … al-Pencils

This one is a fictional story I wrote.  Constructive criticism here would be appreciate.

http://colpolbear.hubpages.com/hub/vehe … esunchaone

This one was just a lot of fun to write but I haven't gotten any feedback for it.

http://colpolbear.hubpages.com/hub/howtogetridofabody

Thank you to everyone in advance!

1. thejeffriestube profile image78
      thejeffriestubeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Colpol, I really liked your first one, but I have some suggestions for you. First, split it into two hubs. The first one would go over the summary and goals, and the full conclusions. The second one, would contain the "sciency" stuff , with all of the tables and calculations, as well as an intro and brief conclusion. Link them both together. What this will do is capture two different audiences. First, you'll have the ones that want to know which is better/preferred. The second audience will be the ones that are interested in the science behind it.

Then, you can write a THIRD hub on how to do such a study, in a general way, and refer back to these two as the "proof of concept."

Hope this helps, otherwise, lots of good content in there!

colpolbearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you thejeffriestube.  I'll get to that right after the Superbowl.  I suppose I was so caught up with trying to make it perfect that I went a bit overboard.

No worries! I did the same thing when i first started out, then an Elite Hub person, the ones that help new Hubbers, told me that the Hubs that do well are the ones that give answers, but don't bog down a users web browsing. I took that to mean that concise Hubs are sometimes better than lengthy ones. Honestly, I do both, because some things just can't be expressed in short. I do try to break them up if I can though.

colpolbearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey thejeff.  I decided to leave that Hub the way it is because evidently.....most people skip over the statistical analysis and are just more impressed that it's there.  I did like your idea on how to perform an analysis though.  I wrote a Hub on how to properly collect data and am planning to write one on how to properly interpret it.  Your advice has really helped!  Thank you!

My pleasure! Glad I could help.

working