To HubPages Engineers:
The email digest notification is not notifying me of answers to questions that I have asked, even though I am following the question asked.
Here is how to reproduce the problem.
1. In "Email Settings", make the following settings for "When a question that I am following is answered":
Instant Email = Never
Digest = Always
Mobile = Never
2. In "Questions You Follow", make the following settings:
By default, follow questions that I ask: Checkmarked
By default, follow questions that I answer: Checkmarked.
3. Answer someone else's question.
4. Ask a question.
5. Wait a day to receive email digest notification. Confirm that both the question answered and the question asked has new replies.
6. See that email digest indicates new replies for the question answered.
7. Problem: See that email digest has no indication or new replies for the question asked.
Expected: to see that email digest indicates new replies also for the question asked.
8. Go to the question asked in Hubpages and confirm that the question is in fact being followed as indicated by the green button that enables you to unfollow the question. Go to the list of "Questions followed" and see that the question asked is indeed listed there.
Therefore, one should get email digest notifications for that question asked.
by Donaisabella6 years ago
Do you think asking a question in the Forums is much better than using the 'Question' capsule?I find the Forums more interactive with regards to tackling a question than the 'question' capsule. What do you think?
by Glenn Stok12 days ago
By using a different email address, I tested the notification people receive who ask a question. I posted a question as if I was someone else and I answered it. Here are some issues I discovered:1. It took two or three...
by sparsha5 years ago
Is there any financial advantage in answering a question or, asking a question at hub pages?Will I get any revenue from google ads from these pages?
by Nicola Thompson5 years ago
What helps you to generate a question?The past few days being an exception, I generally only ask questions that I really want to know the answer to. It usually comes from a conversation with some one, an observation, or...
by EatLovePray6 years ago
Do you ask questions just for the sake of asking a question?I've noticed many people do this, and it is quite irritating to see so many questions posted all at once by a certain user(s)..
by ear306 years ago
Hi Veronica, can I send you an email asking a question about my boyfriend and me?I can't fit it all on here but I don't see your email address anywhere on here? Thanks so much!Emily
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.