jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

1. Karanda profile image82
    Karandaposted 5 years ago

There has been some discussion on the forums of late about restrictions for the Hubber who sets up a Profile yet gives little information about themselves in the bio or even creates an avatar or insers a picture of themselves.

Is it time for HubPages to have an option for the reader of HubPages as opposed to a writer?

1. relache profile image84
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is in HubPages' best interest to encourage the most people to join the site so that they have the best chance at converting them to active users.  It's also more likely that someone who joins the site will interact in some way at some point in the future.

There's no benefit to curtailing the existence people who have not written Hubs.

1. Karanda profile image82
        Karandaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sure, I understand the benefit to HubPages to have everyone publishing Hubs but the site could benefit too in having additional members who read the Hubs as opposed to writing them if this were to increase traffic couldn't it?

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you Karanda. Maybe my idea was a little extreme but I do believe there is something that must be done to organize this thing better. It has become a pet peeve of mine that this writing site has members here for years that haven't written anything.

Another suggestion would be subscribers. If you just want to read  hubs then subscribe to notifications.

There could be three types of subscriptions
          (1) subscribe to a hubber
          (2) subscribe to a topic
          (3) general subscription to hubpages.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What is the benefit of tolerating lots of spammers and shills?

1. skyfire profile image73
          skyfireposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How you can differentiate between writers and trolls on sign up page?

2. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Any site member can already read whatever they want, and by "following" another person, you become subscribed to their Hubs.  Following a topic is also a feature that already exists.

I suggest the both of you further explore the Feed pages and features because everything you are asking for already exists.

http://hubpages.com/feed/

My suggestion was for non members Relache. Not for members. I know that members can opt to receive notifications.

My suggestion would be for those who don't wish to be writers can subscribe without a membership. I have readers who I have encouraged to join HP but do not wish to do so, but the downside is that they have to keep checking my profile every day to see when I have published something new. So I am suggesting a way for them to get an email saying that Cardisa has just published a new hub.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey WE, Happy Valentine's Day!

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa, hello, and may you enjoy it too!

3. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

Yeah i think even when i wrote more hubs than i do,most of the time i spent reading them...... I love to read other hubbers work....

working