jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Changing a hub to a video format hub?

1. WannaB Writer profile image95
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

I started a hub last night using a format I've used before. So far I've added no content but a photo. There are several empty video capsules in it. Today I shot a video I was hoping to be able to upload directly to HubPages to use in it. I just now read the two hubs about videos from the Learning Center and found out I'm supposed to have started with a special video format. Do I need to delete the hub I started and start over in the new format? If so, will I be able to get my URL back when it's no longer attached to the hub I deleted? Or is it best to just upload everything to YouTube and continue building the usual way? I was really hoping to have this video exclusive to HubPages. I also need the answers to the other questions I just asked to make up my mind what to do.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you will need to create a new VIDEO hub.

No, I believe the new video hubs have a different style of address, - one has /video and one has /hub in the URL, so there should be no problem with that.

WannaB Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Now I just need to wait until someone answers my questions about video size limits and having more than one video in the same hub.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good luck. I've never made one so no idea. However you could always try and see what happens!

You can make two hubs (one video one not) and see which one you prefer.

2. Dale Hyde profile image89
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have done several video hubs and nowhere have I ran across a size limit on the videos.  There may well be one, however.  About having more than one video in the hub, on my most recent video hub, I went in and opened up the video to search for anything about adding more videos under the video hub format and could not see that option. 

An option I would use to add more than one video, is the normal way that you have been adding videos....that option is still present in the video hub format.

WannaB Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dale, have you uploaded any longer than 13 minutes?  Mine is between 12 and 13 minutes. I know that You Tube now allows me to upload up to 15 minutes, but I really do want this to be exclusive to HubPages. I really hate having to upload everything to YouTube first, since I make most videos for use here now.

1. Dale Hyde profile image89
              Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, WannaB Writer, the longest I have uploaded is about seven minutes.

working