jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Is it possible for your comments to be hidden from Google?

1. Karen Hoy profile image60
    Karen Hoyposted 5 years ago

I would love to take part more and comment freely on Hubs, but as comments are found by Google, it would affect what comes up when work-related people are looking for me.  I don't mind them reading about what recipes I'm going to try out, or what my hobbies are, but if I comment as much as I'd like to, then it would drown out what I need people to be able to find on HubPages and elsewhere on the internet.

Is there a way of hiding comments from Google?

Many thanks.

1. calpol25 profile image72
      calpol25posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Karen, I have the same problem but I think that the comments are stuck there, though Its a brilliant question and cant wait to find out if you can smile

Karen Hoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Calpol, I've thought about creating a shadow persona who comments but doesn't publish, but that seems a bit convoluted and not in the spirit of HubPages either.

Mind you alot of people do that - There called sock puppets oddly enough, you can understand why they do it though x smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, and writers wouldn't want to, because comments benefit them.

I do know several people who have multiple HubPages accounts, it's perfectly "legal".  As Calpol says, some do it with malicious intent - but many do it for sensible reasons.

Some Hubbers have separate accounts for each topic they write about, to make organization easier.  Others want to quarantine their business writing from their "fun" writing, which is similar to what you're saying.

There's nothing wrong with a pen name, people have been using them for centuries.  You may get some people being suspicious if you post comments or are active in the forums with no Hubs at all - but why don't you set up a new account and post one or two Hubs there?

Karen Hoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa, for your suggestion.  I suppose it would look odd to have no articles at all in a new account, so that's a good suggestion.  I've got this urge now to make a sock-puppet to photograph for an avatar.

Go on Karen you can be creative to and makes such good fun for people smile I dont use one but be sure to let me know who it is so I can read the hubs on that one too smile xx

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Been done I'm afraid, but you never know, you might do better!

working