jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

number by name and clicking on ads

1. catgypsy profile image79
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

Hi! I was wondering what the number by my name (at the top of the page) means. I was also wondering if we are allowed to click on any ads in other hubbers hubs? Not randomly, but if we are interested in something. Is that allowed because I know you can't click on your own ads.

Thanks,
    Catgypsy

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The number is your author score.
      NO, NO, Never click on adverts on your page or on the page of other hubbers.. .. you could get banned by Google.
      Reading the FAQ will help you understand this site better...  http://hubpages.com/faq/

catgypsyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks s much sofs! I appreciate the quick answer.

2. boundarybathrooms profile image85
        boundarybathroomsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to reply to an old question but this answer is completely wrong. Course you can click on ad's that aren't on your own hub's. These ad's have different publishing ID's to your own hubs ad's and aren't related to your Adsense account in any way. Each Adsense account has a unique publishing ID, Google know's when clicks are coming from the person who is tied to this publishing ID and you would get banned if you clicked on the ad's tied to your account, but if it's not your publishing ID then clicking on an ad is fine.

1. boundarybathrooms profile image85
          boundarybathroomsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok ignore me, apparently it might not be the best idea to do it. I can't really see the harm in doing it every now and again though.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, you cannot click on other Hubber's ads.
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/67737#post1483104

2. catgypsy profile image79
    catgypsyposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the additional replies. I can understand clicking your own ads being a no no, but it seems unfair that we can't click others, especially if we are doing so with good intentions (like seriously wanting to see what that ad is about). But then who said life was fair...haha! Besides, with Google, you never know what they are going to punish you for!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image85
      Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

IF you clikck on other people's ads and they return the 'favor' - you will both get banned.  If they accidentally click on one of your ads and it looks like a reciprocal thing to Google - lifetime ban from Adsense.

So it doesn't just risk your own account.

catgypsyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Mark...good to know. I will definitely not click on any hubbers ads!

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I use adblock so I only see the ads on my subdomain, where I allow the ads to appear. I have the rest of HP blocked so I don't mistakenly click on an ad, lol.

Good isea Dale!

should be idea...haha

3. profile image0
    twinlyposted 4 years ago

I have read that you should NEVER click on ads. This was in the Hubpages forum as well as posted by the founders of Hubpages. Also, the number on the top might be your hubber score.

Thanks twinly. I knew I couldn't click on my own ads, but wasn't sure about others hubs, but know now it's best not to.

working