Improvements in traffic to my hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (94 posts)
  1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I've definitely been seeing an improvement in levels of traffic to my hubs over the past 5 days, or so.  I seem to have gained back the 15-20% that I lost in early 2012 with maybe a little extra on top.  I'm hoping (as usual) that there will be even more increases, but I am glad for what I've got so far.

Anybody else seen a recent increase?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image60
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I can agree your figures, which has cheered me up rather a lot!

2. Les Trois Chenes profile image80
      Les Trois Chenesposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  2. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 12 years ago

My hubs traffic statistics has seen 5% increase. I've the confidence that it'll keep rising.

3. Teresa Schultz profile image66
    Teresa Schultzposted 12 years ago

Treaffic to my hubs has also increased recently - and more so now that I'm adding some new hubs after quite a break from adding new hubs. Thanks for making me remember what it was that enticed me to start adding some new hubs again - it was because I'd noticed that traffic (and HubPages Ad Program earnings) were picking up a bit.

1. Teresa Schultz profile image66
      Teresa Schultzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oops, I meant to type traffic, not treaffic! And also forgot to say, good to hear that your traffic in increasing, Paul - good news!

4. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Although still down by over two thirds, the traffic to hubs on my best niche is slowly going up a bit.  But then, it always does this time of year. So sadly, I can't say it's anything out of the ordinary.  sad

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My best hub has crashed the last few days and I have idea why, it has stayed 1-3rd position for the last 2 years and now there are loads of junk domains above me

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you were doing so good too!  No one is immune to these slaps, even you Richie!  Until we all get together and demand some sort of explanation of what is going on, HP will simply let us wander around confused with the silly roller coaster ride.  If they have no idea what is going on then we are even in worse trouble than I suspect.

Many of us had top ranking articles which have been pushed away from the top SERPS.  It's not merely coincidence, you know! smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy - You're saying that HubPages should know exactly what changes are being made to the Google Algorithm and therefore tell us what to do? Are there any webmasters in the world that know what is changing or how the Google Algorithm works (aside those that pay to cheat the system allegedly)?

No, I am saying HP has way more data than we have because they have access to all of our accounts and thus, a better overall picture of what is happening to our traffic and accounts.  Do you seriously believe they are telling us everything they know pertaining to the obvious ups and downs we are experiencing here?  I don't believe you are that naive, Simey.

But perhaps you don't remember when Google slapped HP in the mouth over a year ago because they were allowing extremely spammy and misleading hubs which were garnering literally millions of views and which many of us reported--several times, as a matter of fact, before they were reluctantly removed.

I can't say I blamed them because this cr*p was making them money too!  But those of us who were trying diligently to offer REAL information for the searchers were slapped right along with those who caused the problems or allowed them to remain published on HP. 

Remember all of the Indian Auntie hubs which showed full nudity and were flooding this site?  We took the fall because of HP refusing to listen to those of us concerned with such junk.  This type of behavior does not normally engender much faith in the powers that be.  Unless you are a favorite or BN. of course!smile

Not to mention the latest contest fiasco! 

Randy: I think one of the biggest problems is that there really isn't an obvious quantitative pattern; I agree that HP will never tell us everything they know, but whether or not you agree with their methods, they are trying measurable changes to their design layout to see if 'things' change. Maybe it's not the way you would run a company, but there aren't many companies out there that are going to be as open as you'd like them to be. One other thing to think about - if HP came out a said 'Here's the solution to Google Algorithm problems' - that would be great for a few days until the 'competitors' started using the same methods -  eventually Google would just bring out another algorithm that trumps what HP are doing.

I do remember the Google Slap - just like a lot of writers here I lost a lot of traffic but have recovered somewhat - the problem I have when analyzing my own data is that I have a combination of ever green content, niche content that will get diminishing returns and crap content - just trying to analyze my own data is hard enough - trying to analyze thousands of users poses a lot more trouble (at least I would expect). I also agree the HP got caught in the band wagon of allowing too much spam and crap as it made them money, and like most 'content farms' got caught with their pants down!

Being objective I'd say that HP does listen - while they will never be able to please everyone, they have raised standards and are at least trying to listen to everyone - they have made changes to the 'new' formats based on feedback and are attempting to move the site forward.

Are they doing everything the right way? Maybe not - running a company in a complex environment is never easy - it's even harder when there are a hundred different voices all with their own idea of what should be changed, or what shouldn't be changed.

As an example - for everyone who is on board with the new formats, there is another person against the new formats!

As for the alleged contest fiasco - that's your interpretation of the circumstances - and I have to respect that!

Randy - I'm not being naive or simply arguing with you for the sake of arguing. You have a lot of valid points and worries and I respect what you bring to the forums - at the very least you stir up a lot of ideas that I am sure HP listen to you - I see this as what the forums are here for.

I hope you don't get too disgruntled and leave HP as there has to be someone to bring these points up, whether or not they are popular!!

I do truly appreciate your input and opinions Simey, I don't wish you to think otherwise.  And I do believe HP is trying to improve the site and also understand they cannot please everyone.  But I'm sorry to have to say I am not impressed with the way they deal with the obvious problems they have and I certainly have aproblem when they fix contests so as to achieve the desired result at the detriment of honest hardworking members of the site.

I gave them every opportunity to address the contest controversy, and either they didn't care if the whole thing smelled of dishonesty, or they knew they were caught and decided silence was the only option.  I am still open to having them reveal the AP mentors and the judges names to show I am completely wrong about them. 

Honestly, nothing would please me more than to have them prove to me I am completely off the mark in this aspect.  I would be more than happy to apologize to staff as well as the extremely coincidental winner of the weekly and grand prize.  The offer is still open if HP wishes to have any future contests not suspected of being rigged by the staff.

Contrary to popular belief, I wish for this site to be considered one of the best, otherwise I would have moved on long ago as suggested by a certain staff member several times.  smile

Thanks!

I wonder if they simply didn't realize there was a connection before it was too late and therefore anything they might say would seemingly incriminate them! Also - even if the mentors were judges - isn't there a possibility that they could still be professional and be objective when judging?

I guess I take the glass half full view - I just wonder what they would have to gain by saying the latest contest winner was from the 'beta' Apprenticeship program. I could imagine in a year or two showing that one of the competitition winners was a graduate of the 5th or 6th 'class' - and no one would question that - but to 'fix' the first contest even before the program was live just seems a coincidence to me!

There's not much that can be done now - do you think going forward that one (or more) of the following should happen:
                  -All writers currently in program be excluded? (This would have to be made clear when someone enters the program!).
                  -All mentors be excluded from being judges?
                  -All Competitions judged externally (as has been done before)?

Or any other ideas that would make the process more open and would remove any suspicion!

This could actually be the case Simey, but if this is indeed so, doesn't it show a complete lack of forethought by those involved?  And how does this look as to the professionalism exhibited by those we depend on to treat everyone here with respect?  There mere coincidences of a staff chosen elite being one of only 30--once again chosen by staff--of the very first members out of literally tens of thousands, and then-chosen once again by staff-- who also happened to be mentored by--yes, you guessed it, staff-- and who just also happened to be judges, who knew what they were looking for in a winning hub and chose the staff chosen elite, staff mentored AP , and staff judged weekly and grand prize winner.  Ye gods!  The odds for this to happen have to be in the millions to one.

I mean, I don't claim to be the brightest light on the Christmas tree, but dang!  And yes,I would have respected HP much more if they would have merely said "Duh, we never even considered how bad this would smell because we figured everyone would simply trust us implicitly because we've always been so honest and never shown any favoritism whatsoever.  Unbelievable sure, but it is better than simply keeping quiet and reaffirming the suspicions.

Figure the odds of all of the coincidences, Simey.  And then tell me the first APS were not told what the staff/mentors/judges expected them to learn and what type of hubs they were aiming for in the new AP program.  Then reassure me the winner did not take this information and use it to provide the exact type of hub the staff/mentors/judges were looking for in the contest. 

And last but not least, tell me this was fair for all of those who thought it was a fair contest with no one being helped to provide what the staff/mentors/judges were looking for in a grand prize winner.  Take a look at Simone's blog after the contest was over.  Not very many people who were involved in the contest even took the trouble to comment on the post.  I wonder why.

Of course, there's plenty which can be done now to regain at least a modicum of trust from those who feel betrayed by HP in the last contest.  Own up to it like a man/woman should.  Don't hide like a scared rabbit to keep from having to admit they made a mistake.  And it was surely a mistake t do the things they did, whether it was intentional or not.

For all we know the entire contest was planned just for the purpose of promoting the controversial new AP by choosing one of the first students.  And frankly, I wasn't too impressed with the choice of the winning hub either.  And from what I have learned from many others, I am not alone in this feeling.

All 3 of your suggested rues above should have been implemented.  I'm not too sure staff has the ability to be judges in the first place.  I see nothing outstanding written by any of them. 

But no, I don't expect them to come clean about the contest.  Admitting fault is not their usual fare.  Excuse me while I go outside and cuss a tree or two.  I'm sure I'll get much more reaction from them anyway!  mad

5. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Nice to hear that your traffic is up, Paul!  Good news are always welcome.  I'm glad to hear that everyone is experiencing traffic growth.  Me too!

6. SEO Ibiza profile image60
    SEO Ibizaposted 12 years ago

Hubpages ranking power is back IMO, I think they've mostly cured the Panda problems.

PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I generally agree.  If they can keep the spam levels down and the writing quality higher from now on, they should hopefully be okay.

Having said that, my traffic has taken a much bigger dip than usual this weekend....

1. SEO Ibiza profile image60
        SEO Ibizaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there's another algo tweak rolling out this weekend I think, lots of sites all over the place, its basically every weekend these days

7. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I have also and had a serious upward spike for a few days this week. Now the weekend is here and its down as usual. I am cautiously optimistic.wink

Difficult to know what's gonna happen from week to week.  It's hard not to notice that pretty much all traffic of the HP Success Stories have been falling like stones recently.  I am trying to be optimistic.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True, but I get the impression, right or wrong, that the old timers were expecting this as a yearly seasonal event.  I myself have to experience there - my only other spring time period was last year just after Panda hit us all so hard.  You remember that, I know.

I, too, have been seeing a modest increase the last week or two since falling nearly 50% beginning in February.  Yesterday was very poor, but seems to be recovering already today. 

Too early to tell, but I'm optimistic, too.  Not just for today, but for the upcoming summer months.

Well whatever hit me on Friday has hit me hard.  Let's hope I have a quick recovery,  It's useful to know what is happening with others, but it gives you an idea of whether traffic changes are something that you personally have done, or whether it's to do with wider changes that are outside one's control.

1. hazelwood4 profile image66
            hazelwood4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has been a little slow today, but is INCREASING at a steady pace up every week.  As long as your traffic is consistently rising, I would not worry much about 1 or 2 bad days.  It will improve!

Sorry, hazelwood, but your optimism is misplaced.  There are absolutely no guarantees that your traffic will improve on here.  Your traffic may even completely disappear overnight, it can and does happen - there are many who will vouch for that.

Obviously when you are starting out  writing hubs, the tendency is for the traffic to gradually improve.  Traffic levels can vary quite considerably from day to day when you don't have many hubs.  Once you get to about 100-150 hubs, however, traffic tends to follow a more consistent weekly pattern and it is easier to see when Google makes changes to its algorithm, or some other factor is in play.

This is an interesting reply to hazlewood4"s comment - I was about to say much the same as hazelwood4, as my traffic was fairly consistingly rising too, even without adding new hubs for a while (and also consistingly a little drop off experienced on  Fridays, Saturday, and Sundays, but then I saw your reply. Oh dear! - your reply is a little concerning.

Oops!  Was I being harsh?  I am nursing a toothache, so I am not in the best of moods.

The general trend has been poor for the past few months though - the HP Success Stories have pretty much all been in freefall. 

Yes, traffic might go up in a few days, but it might also go down too.  After the first Panda last year when almost everyone's traffic was reduced by 85% or more for six months, all certainties went out the window.  It has to be faced that there is no guarantee that things will get better.  I am not blaming HP for that.  Just stating the fact.  I really don't know what's going to happen (and I suspect that no one else does, apart from maybe some folks at Google!)

8. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 12 years ago

I did look at Google analytics yesterday and it shows my traffic trending much higher. I have had almost 3000 page views on one hub though, so maybe it was a fluke?

The trend line if I take this one hub out is still strongly upward. Hub maturity may have something to do with it?

I am down pretty badly in general, but a couple of my hubs that don't normally do much are doing pretty well!

We're all on subdomains, so it is quite possible that a Google change will benefit some, hit others, and have no effect on another lot of hubbers.  I find it interesting to hear what's happening to others though.

9. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 12 years ago

There was a minor panda update on the 18th april, that may account for your drop off?

Yes, that might be the culprit?  2012 has been a very up/down year for me so far!

I think I mentioned it earlier, but the traffic of the HP Success Stories people seem to have been falling like stones recently.  So I am pretty sure that I am not alone!

Wow Paul, one day you're posting traffic improvements and everything's fine and dandy.  The next day your traffic falls and you post this too.  Why don't you simply give us a report once a month or something.  Now you're posting your traffic is down on the very thread where you reported it was improving.  lol

Yeah, I know, Randy.  Up and down.  Up and down.  I'm convinced that Google are trying to "fine tune" HP results.  I don't get anything this extreme with other sites.

It's just disheartening being stuck in the doldrums.

It's strange how so many of us have different experiences here.  Ever since my traffic and earnings were devastated last August my account has ever so slowly recovered and is now back to roughly 1/3 of the former amount.  I'm back to where I was 2 years or so ago.

Adsense clicks and Amazon sales are slowly picking back up too, but as you said in an earlier post, we can't get comfortable for a moment for fear of another downfall.  I am totally ridding my account of both EBay and HPads as they seem to kill both Adsense clicks and Amazon sales.smile

2. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine has fallen, but strangely, my Google Adsense earnings have improved. ?? Amazon and HPads are down, however.

10. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 12 years ago

Dam the Panda !!

I have noticed rising traffic numbers, although nothing to brag about. Good to see it rise again after so long. But this Panda thing has got to stop happening all the time, how in the heck are we supposed to know what to do all the time?

11. vespawoolf profile image91
    vespawoolfposted 12 years ago

Yes, my traffic has definitely improved this week. And my hubber score has increased as well! Hopefully it bodes well for the future of HP.

12. JKenny profile image89
    JKennyposted 12 years ago

Mine fell by around 40% a couple of days ago, but I don't think its anything to do with panda. Bear in mind, its a spring weekend in the US and Europe, so many people will be outdoors enjoying the weather, it'll pick up soon enough.

I agree that traffic falls off when there is some sort of event on a weekend, or a long weekend. Any weekend usually sees a drop in traffic, for me anyway, and it was more so (of a drop) over the Easter weekend. Enjoy your spring weekend - we're in autumn here in South Africa.

13. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 12 years ago

My weekend traffic has improved as well compared to what it was last month. Also, adsense revenue increasing but little amazon sales.

1. charliegrumples profile image38
      charliegrumplesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine have dropped by over 50% despite adding new hubs that did well in google sad

1. joebhoy profile image60
        joebhoyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

opps - mine too! :-(

1. charliegrumples profile image38
          charliegrumplesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

are you in the UK? I know several people reported a big drop off a few weeks ago where as mine was quite minor at the time. I wonder if that was the US and now the UK is being hit too .. just a thought

14. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

I have seen a 25% or so increase Friday through Today - cool. However, the last time I saw this type of spike, I went through the Panda Roller Coaster - up one week down for three weeks. My traffic has been pretty steady for four or five months now with an expected decline due to niches slowing down, so while I like the spike I'm waiting for the drop.......

Last week was my "up week" it seems - this week my traffic's worse than ever.  Bl**dy Google, they raise your hopes only to dash them again!  :-)

15. rafeeqq profile image61
    rafeeqqposted 12 years ago

I have seen some increase in my hub traffic since I started adding new hubs. Still need to see more search engine traffic through

16. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't say I was having a spike. A few pages moved up a place or so in the SERPs giving me an extra 10 per cent traffic.

It seems too small for Panda, but who knows...

I suppose it is that time of the month.

17. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

This is just a quick post before I need to get back to work, but I really doubt if the contest was planned around promoting the AP program. I think the apprentices should have been excluded from the contest if they were indeed being mentored by HP staff during the contest.
    In almost all contests, anyone with any connection to the judges would be excluded.

ok, back to work.

Of course you think this, Rebekah!  As do apparently everyone who is asked about the contests.  This is why it is so ludicrous to believe staff never took this in consideration at all.  If someone from staff didn't have this cross their minds, when anybody who has ever read almost any other contest rules knew this, then what does it say about the abilities of the staff to know anymore than we do about other aspects of the writing world?  I just can't believe they are this naive, can you?smile

This is why I have fought so hard--to no good end, apparently--against the silly "elite" badges given to those by staff.  This type of favoritism RUINS community cohesion every single time on writing sites.  So now look what we have because of it!  Simply nauseating!!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, Coronation Street is just about to start on the telly, so I'm going off to watch it, but I have to say I agree with Randy.

I am not putting down the winning hub, or hub author in any way, but a staff mentored member should have been automatically excluded from the contest.

After all, they were paid to write the hub in the first place.

Thanks for your opinion, Izzy!  You are one of the very few here who I can depend on to say what you think.  I always respect your view because of it, and I know for a fact others feel the same way.  And this goes for whether I agree with you or not on any subject here.  smile

My traffic is slowly picking back up and is the highest in a long time.  I think removing the EBay capsules from my hubs has helped a bit too.  What a cr*ppy useless affiliation it turned out to be!!  Only pennies for over $1000 worth of items sold!!  I sure wasted lots of time installing and removing them from my articles!  Your traffic any better?  smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

Well, we're on an advert break,  so I can answer.

Nope, my main account here sometimes shows small revivals, but it is always due to non-Google traffic.

I have two subdomains that have sort of taken off, and between them I now get more traffic than my main account, with only a fraction of the hub number.

I'm not bothered about my main account now. It's gone.

If traffic comes back, I will be delighted, but I am slowly moving hubs off it, because they can do better on another niche subdomain.

How come you moved back to Scotland, Izzy?  Did you run out of money with all your traffic troubles on here?  (Just interested, don't answer if you don't want to!  :-))

1. IzzyM profile image87

I came home to care for my elderly parents, Paul, on request.

I ran out of money a long time ago LOL, its really weird to be able to go shopping again. It's lovely to surf Amazon and look at things I can actually buy.

My job now is to cook, clean and garden, and writing has taken second place for the time being.

I still enjoy stat watching all the same!

18. JessicaSmetz profile image82
    JessicaSmetzposted 12 years ago

Traffic confuses me. Yesterday was my first day and had 50 visitors and today it's hardly one a hour. Will time tell?

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
      SmartAndFunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, yes, yes. Dont worry about traffic 28 hours into it. Just put up some good quality hubs, then wait. And keep adding more hubs while you wait. It takes time for the search engines to find your hubs and come to trust your subdomain. Initial traffic is just fellow hubbers checking out new hubs. Search engine traffic is what you're after, and that takes time. Keep writing and waiting.

Welcome to HP, btw.

19. MarleneB profile image91
    MarleneBposted 12 years ago

I am a newbie in the sense that I retired from the "real" world about three months ago and although I have been with HubPages for a year now, since retiring, I began concentrating my efforts with HubPages. I am happy to hear that the majority of you are experiencing an increase in traffic. While I do not have the record of someone who has been here long enough to speak of a dip in traffic as compared to an increase in traffic, I am pleased with the traffic I am experiencing. When I look at the last three months of traffic, I see that my traffic is increasing steadily. That's a good thing, right?

Well Marlene, I don't believe the majority of us are reporting increases in traffic, and for some, quite the opposite.  Unlike it was a little over a year ago before the first Google slap, traffic here is much lower for many.  We keep hoping it will return, but lately it seems to bounce all over the place.

We've got our fingers crossed--as well as our eyes, legs, wires, etc.--hoping things will eventually settle down to something we may depend on, but who knows.  I wish I could encourage you more.  But I can't. smile

1. MarleneB profile image91
        MarleneBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Randy. Maybe I am just reading "hope" between the lines of all the comments. Still, I am encouraged to keep on writing. At least, if we keep everything crossed there is bound to be success at the end of all of our efforts. This is me - staying positive. smile (P.S. I'm so "rookie" I don't even know where you all go to get the cute little emoticons.)

Ohhhhh. I just hit the reply button and the emoticon showed up automatically. Cool!

HubPages is certainly worth it, in my opinion.  But like Randy says, in the old days, you could write more hubs and your traffic would gradually rise, but nowadays, Google seems to be tampering with their search engine all the time, which can drastically affect how many people visit your hubs on here, up or down.

I'm starting to believe the rumor that Google is trying to steer efforts toward training the engines to recognize "experts" in one chosen field of interest. So, for instance, writers who write about multiple interests would be "rated" lower - that somehow, the search bots will come to recognize a writer and the topics that writer writes about and then match keywords with writers who write topics associated with a particular keyword. I'm just reading and learning about all of this stuff, so for me - for now it's just a rumor.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
                WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's Leonardo da Vinci firmly Google-slapped!

2. davenmidtown profile image67
            davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A month ago the panda update 3.4 was released. A month before that 3.3 panda was released. Between 3.3 and now many major link networds have been de-listed following warnings from Google.  My traffic is up about 70% (No Randy) but this is because I wrote two hubs recently that have been read a great deal on hubpages... without those two hubs, my traffic would have been up about 25%.  What has consistently happened over the last four months is that my Google traffic has increased about 5% per month. Hubpage readers seem to be interested in reading more hubs right now too. We have a lot of new hubbers and they are reading. I am not expecting to maintain 70% traffic improvement for very long...

Your stats are interesting. At least we can count on HubPage readers. I actually do not have any viewers from Google or any other source to speak of right now. So, I'll take my HubPage views and run like I stole something. smile

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

When replying to or making a post, click the formatting button at the bottom right of the text box to find the emoticons, Marlene.  smile

Oh, there it is... Thank you, Randy. Earlier, I just typed the smiley face characters. But, now I see the other emoticons in the formatting box. All this time and I never noticed the formatting link. Thank you so much for your help.

Glad to help, Marlene!  There are supposed to be some greeters here whose job is to help those such as yourself, but they are perhaps too busy in the new apprenticeship program to bother.  Just ask if you need to know anything else you don't understand.  Some of us commoners will usually be around to help, and we don't require special perks to do so.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. lobobrandon profile image89
                    lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cool

2. MarleneB profile image91

Randy, thank you so much for your help. I do like the generosity of the writers here at HubPages. It's really refreshing to associate with people who don't see other writers as competitors, but instead - comrades. Your support and the support of all who help is wholeheartedly appreciated.

You're welcome, Marlene.  Yes, this is a friendly and helpful community for the most part.  We help each other and in the end, it helps us too.  Making HP a better place for writers who really try to produce well written articles can only raise the value of the site itself. 

Glad you are pleased with our community of writers! smile

20. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

My traffic is the highest today it has been since I had a 2 day peak back to normal in December.  My Adsense earnings are also the highest since the same period.  I really believe removing the EBay capsules and HPads is helping me get more traffic too.  Either way, I surely won't try using EBay or HPads again.  They're the worst paying affiliates for those with a good niche.  smile

1. joebhoy profile image60
      joebhoyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i'm still not earning Adsense this month but i get some on HPads.. sad

Of course you aren't!  You only have 4 hubs.  For those who don't get much traffic, HPads and Ebay will pay you pennies for even those hubbers viewing your articles.  But for those with a good bit of non-hub traffic, these programs hurt both Adsense and Amazon earnings.  smile

21. zzron profile image59
    zzronposted 12 years ago

For some reason mine has dropped from middle to upper 90s to high 80s. Go figure.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3861370_f248.jpg

22. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I had a title tweaking session the other day, and this morning my traffic has more than doubled.  Don't know if the two things are related in reality, but at least it makes me feel as though it was productive smile

CMHypno, I did it at the end of march to a single hub and the traffic increased. At that time I had 25 hubs and I made it a point to tweak all the hubs I felt were good enough. Did it to 15 more hubs. Here's the traffic improvement graph:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6514959_f248.jpg
      The small dip is in March when it began falling reached 30 views a day!! Now it's averaging 200 a day. That's big for me smile The new hubs I published are mostly review hubs and hence the max internal traffic was 6 visits to each (average) so that made no difference and my internal traffic overall never crosses 20 a day so it's all search engine traffic.

I hope it was the tweaking and not just something random. It is tomato growing season and I got some of those; but, all my hubs have moved up after the tweaks.

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lobobrandon, how do you get that image of your stats onto the forum post?  It's actually the first time that my traffic has risen directly after tweaking, but it does encourage me to tweak some more!

It's the first time I've ever tweaked so I can't tell either. I just took a snap shot of the stats from my home page and then added it as a picture using the add pic option of the forum post.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6515321_f248.jpg

How recent was the fall? I can't tell as the time is 2 years so it would be somewhere around Jan?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image80

I guess the first dip was the panda last year?

2. WriteAngled profile image74
            WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea how to get this image showing here. There does not seem to be a way to download the picture.

My experience has been a steady increase since the beginning of July last year, so that by the end of November views had increased 8-fold. Since then, they have been fluctuating by -15% to -15% from that point, with a drop during weekends/holidays and then an increase to a mid-week peak, and so on.

Over the period, I've had a parallel increase in earnings, but this has not been as marked. I'm now averaging slightly more than a dollar per hub per month, which is a bit underwhelming but better than it used to be.

If all goes as the way it's currently going I'll get just about a dollar per hub this month hopefully

2. IzzyM profile image87

Was there another Panda update released?

Title tweaking does work, but only on accounts that Google actually looks at.

No change here sad

Izzy, try tweaking 5 hubs that were once good performers it's worth giving it a try right? Just 5 hubs won't take long. Add new capsules or change the text a bit. Add Videos or pics - I know nothing compared to you; but, why not give it a shot? You've got nothing to lose.

23. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Still chugging upwards - O the joy of red arrows in the morning!

My traffic stats graph is going to look like the roller coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach so with so many ups and downs.  It was looking like a picture of the Jungfrau for a long time as it had slowly crept upwards until Feb 11 Panda and then came tumbling back down the other side, with a few little spikes, only to crash back onto the plains in Aug 11.

I have never received the huge traffic that some other hubbers get (about 1,000 a day at its peak), but I know that was because of the topics I write on, but it was beginning to hit pay out most months and doing well with Amazon, so I would like to return to somewhere near what used to be (and better - hint to Universe/Google!).

This month I hit my first payout about 5 days ago. But, if my traffic continues at the present rate with the CPM I'd hit payout every month and a half. But, I'm looking for 1k views a day by the end of this June. hopefully the Panda doesn't wake up for me

Oh I forgot to mention I'd be writing some more hubs too. It's a huge goal compared to the present traffic. But I do need a goal in order to proceed.

24. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Thank you. I remember now that I found out how to do this once, but forgot again.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6516363_f248.jpg

You've got steady traffic that's nice smile Just as you said the week ending variations

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)