jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How about a Google ad icon to replace our avatar?

1. mts1098 profile image82
    mts1098posted 5 years ago

We could tie our adsense account to our avatar...

1. bad idea
    2. good idea
    3. enough with these ideas already

What say you?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image80
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Why?

3. mts1098 profile image82

I was thinking that when we link our profiles to other sites it could be an additional way to make cents )

4. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

We already have this. When one clicks on the avatar, one is taken to the profile page, which also has an ad on it. smile

5. mts1098 profile image82

True but if a non hub pages person clicks on the profile from outside of hp we may be able to get cents out of it wink

6. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

If a person from the outside clicked on our profile icon it's because they want to know more about us or to contact us. Sometimes they click over to our other hubs. I think it would be a bad idea to drive users away from our profiles. Our hubs have enough ads on them as they are.

mts1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You make a really good point on a reason to keep our profiles personal...cheers and thanks

7. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I wish the new hub layout had our avatar on it along with our name. I think our avatars make our brand more recognizable, like a logo. Readers may not remember my hubber name, but I feel like they probably would remember my little dog photo.

How do others feel about this?

mts1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know the profiles are not changing, this thread discusses the idea of a change...cheers

working