jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Thumbnails/pics/summaries not showing up when I post links on Facebook

1. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

When I post a link to one of my Hubs on Facebook, it usually displays a thumbnail picture, the title of the Hub and some of the summary. However, recently when I've posted links on Facebook (in the past week or so), the only thing that shows up is... the link. No picture, no summary, nothin'. Needless to say it's not very eye catching without the pic and I would imagine that potential readers are just going to skip right over a random blob of link text on their newsfeeds.

Am I the only one experiencing this phenomenon? If not, does it mean that there's some sort of bug goin' on between HP and Facebook?

Just curious. Thanks for any wisdom that you may be able to provide.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We are all having that problem...well, most of us are. Mine are not showing up either and several other people have mentioned it too.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What I have found to work under this type of situation is to use the "short link" to your hub. Copy and paste that into your Facebook status page.

You can find your short link by clicking "stats" at the top of your hub, then clicking "Hub Metrics"..there at the bottom you will see the short URL link.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey FatFreddy,

Just curious, how are you putting links on Facebook? If you're simply cutting and pasting the links and then you don't get a Thumbnail, then it's either a browser issue or a Facebook issue and not a HubPages issue.

If you've used the "shared" button to link your Hub to Facebook and you didn't get a thumbnail, then again it is most likely a browser issue than it is a HubPages problem. I post links to Facebook all the time, using both methods and when I run into the problem, I close my browser, clear out cookies and restart my browser. It usually fixes the problem.

I am using Google Chrome presently, but it also happened when I was using FireFox. I haven't used IE in a few years, so I don't know about it.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I have done it both ways and it's still not working.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image91

Same here. I've tried it several ways -- copy/paste and using the "share" button -- and gotten the same result... bupkiss. sad  At least I know it's not just me.

5. KrystalD profile image84
    KrystalDposted 5 years ago

Same here. What's the deal?

6. FatFreddysCat profile image91

Thanx Dale... will give that a try...

*EDIT* Tried your trick and it seems to be working! Thanks for the tip!!

1. Dale Hyde profile image87

Great to hear FatFreddysCat! You are most welcome. smile

1. KrystalD profile image84
        KrystalDposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WoW! Thanks Dale smile That did the trick for me also.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87

Wonderful KrystalD! smile

Closed to reply

working