jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Addition to Cooking Time Recipe Capsule

1. CookingAnnie profile image77
    CookingAnnieposted 5 years ago

I do several recipes that require a "Chilling Time" and would like to see and addition to the Cooking Time Capsule allowing for that. I have had to add chilling time to the preparation time which makes the recipes look long and exhausting.

Please, consider adding this.

Thank you.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You could always add a note saying that chilling time is not included in a separate text box either next to the cooking tine capsule or underneath it.

*cooking time

CookingAnnieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

For the time being I am adding a prep note immediately under the Cooking Time, but I would still like to see chilling time as an addition. There are a lot of chilled and frozen dishes and desserts out there.

Thank you for the suggestion.

1. Norah Casey profile image66
            Norah Caseyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add this to our features "wish list." Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, comments or concerns!

Norah, Some recipe sites have a print section to print out the recipe.  Would this perhaps be a possibility for HubPages?

2. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

@Norah, what if you have a three part recipe hub? Say for instance it's one meal with three instructions such as The sauce, the meat and the salad. Is it possible to have three ratings capsules for each recipe? I don't know if it's possible but I wouldn't mind each recipe being rated on it's own. There might be a need to add sections to the hub to separate each recipe so it would appear like a separate page in search.

3. Danette Watt profile image89
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

I'm putting together a 2-part recipe -- salad and a dressing - and would appreciate being able to include 2 ingredients capsules. Unless I missed something, we can only use 1 right?

CookingAnnieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, right now one's the limit. There are times when I would like to use more than one but end up having to use a text box for the second ingredient list.

1. cascoly profile image60
        cascolyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

since the purpose of these new recipe capsules is supposed to be better recognition by google, there are some restrictions that are dictated by google's rich snippet design

these include google's definitions for preptime,cooktime,totaltime and ingredients, so i suspect there's little that HP can do to change any of these

details at
        http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi … ;ctx=topic

1. Cardisa profile image93
          Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Had no idea that multiple recipe capsules would affect the whole thing. I may have to consider separating recipes.

working