jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

How do I insert photos into the text of my Hub?

1. danielmybrother profile image82
    danielmybrotherposted 9 years ago

Hi. Hope I'm not missing something glaringly obvious, but I can't seem to figure out how to get my uploaded photos inserted into the text of my Hub (it's a tutorial). I want to place individual photos next to the relevant section in the text. Is there a command for placing the capsules where you want them? Or do the Hub gods do that? Or is it not an option? Appreciate any feedback!

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Hey.

If you want to do that, you will have to have each photo in a separate capsule and break the text up into separate capsules also.

It sounds like a pain, but once you get used to it, it's great smile After the pain smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/2008-Motorcycle-Guide

Take a look at this one to see what I mean.

This is set up with each of those pieces of text in a separate capsule. It really means planning out the hub before you start adding to it though.

3. danielmybrother profile image82
    danielmybrotherposted 9 years ago

That helped a lot to visualize it. Build the whole thing with individual capsules ... OK, back to the drawing board.
    Thanks (again!)
    daniel

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You use a combination of the Text Capsule and the Photo Capsule and use the "Toggle Width" to place them side by side.

Mark's hub is an excellent example of how to do it.

I've got a few pointers on the Toggle Width thing in my Capsules hub.

danielmybrotherposted 9 years ago in reply to this

This was a big help -- thanks Darkside!

1. darkside profile image79
          darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

With the right sized images and right amount of text and plenty of experimenting you can end up with some outstanding results.

Like Mark's, who has made his page look like a magazine layout.

only ... I can't seem to get my text and photo capsules side by side (to "wrap"). I've made them half-width, but they only seem to go above or below each other. Can you tell me where the "toggle" button is and how to us it to do this? Appreciate your imput!
            daniel

1. Inspirepub profile image80
              Inspirepubposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Once you have made the capsule half width, use the up and down arrows to put it in place.

Half width ones are always to the right, so make the thing you want on the right half width, then move it up or down until it sits beside the text you want on the left.

Jenny

hey, I've got it. Thanks, Jenny.

4. Bonnie Ramsey profile image84
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago

Mark, that hub is awsome! Oh, I forgot the thumbs up! I'll go back and do that LOL. I keep forgetting about that.

I played around with this and learned how to do it with my hub
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Making-of-a-Dollhouse

I was so happy I almost jumped for joy! I was so afraid of messing something up with the capsules I was hesitant to use them. Once I played around with them I found out it wasn't so bad after all!

Bonnie

5. Eileen Hughes profile image80
    Eileen Hughesposted 9 years ago

Sorry not replying to this

Just want to check if this works because I cannot post a new topic it just comes up with the word ping.  what is wrong

6. Eileen Hughes profile image80

it did work so why cant I post a new topic

7. Eileen Hughes profile image80

Sorry not replying to this

Just want to check if this works because I cannot post a new topic it just comes up with the word ping.  what is wrong

8. Stacie Naczelnik profile image75
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Eileen, same thing is happening to me.

Plus, my hubscore dropped by a lot - like 10 points within two hours.

9. profile image49
    mayaplposted 9 years ago

lol

10. Eileen Hughes profile image80

I have just put up a new hub and it kept coming up with errors eventually I got it up after starting again and deleting the first one.
    Now it has a score of 0   So I dont know what is happening

11. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

danielmybrother - I am seriously looking forward to this hub big_smile

i'd like to attribute the long time it's taking to the fact that it's a masterpiece -- but it's really because i'm technically challenged.

12. profile image0
    Marcy Sposted 9 years ago

I just joined and only posted one hub. Having no idea how to post images, I ended up with two photos at the end of the hub. What you're describing sounds incredibly time-consuming. Mark, your hub on bikes is awesome! So information-packed, and professional looking. I am wondering--how long did it take you to do that? How long does it generally take to put up a hub? I know it can vary, of course, but I'm still trying to assess whether or not this is a potentially profitable venture.

working