jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Insert Capsule doesn't include a generic Ratings link

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Although the "Ratings" capsule is available under the list of "Supplementary Capsules", "Ratings" is not one of the choices available on the Insert Capsule tool.

This becomes important because then you have to just click the button, which inserts the link at the bottom of the page, instead of the top, and you have to manually rearrange everything to get that ratings capsule to appear at the top so that it will appear in Google search results. I use this for product reviews, for example, in addition to just recipes (which is just one of the three possible uses for this capsule).

Please, when you have a minute, include the option to insert a Ratings link on the "Insert Capsule" (here) bar. Thanks! --Laura
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8396937_f248.jpg

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I see what you mean and have forwarded this to have it evaluated for a future release. The other recipe capsules are not available there either.
      I think there was some logic to not include the ratings capsule mainly as it is not appropriate for many Hubs, but certainly is for product reviews and recipes.

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Matthew!! :-) The movie and game reviewers and I will all thank you as well as the recipe writers.

Laura,

We discussed this and there was a choice made when the feature was designed and implemented to not include the recipe related capsules in the "Insert Capsule" function.
          Part of it was related to trying to avoid authors inserting capsules not related to their Hub content and avoiding moderation for that.  There was also some consideration given to the limited screen real estate.
          While we have no current plans to implement this feature change, we will keep your request in mind going forward.  Thanks for taking the time to suggest this feature.

Thanks, Matthew! Recipe ratings are only one of the three functions of the "Ratings" capsule, however: you can also provide your (author's) review of products and services (like movies and computer equipment and restaurants) or ask your users to review whatever you've written about (if I remember correctly). So, the ratings capsule is very versatile and, if used, its stars appear in Google search results, too. I think more people would use it and get more traffic if it were easier to get to. (I know I would.) Currently it's just added at the bottom of the page and you have to reposition it where you want it (at the top, so it appears in google search results). As you say, however, limited screen real estate may prevent this from being popular/practical. "Ratings" does appear in the regular (non-recipe) list of capsule choices, however, and it's the only one in that section not listed on the "Insert here" list, to which there is plenty of room to add that choice on my 15" monitor. Just thinking out loud; I understand the decision has been made: I just wanted to put in my $0.02 for consideration the next time it is evaluated.

Noted smile
              Hope you have a nice weekend!

:-) Thanks, you too!!

working