jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How might I improve this hub?

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image88
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago
    1. angela_michelle profile image94
      angela_michelleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The article itself was great. Great information, I learned some things.

One thing that may make it look a little better is use less photos. You may want to try a different capsule for some of the photo capsules. It looks very busy, plus some of the photos don't really add to the content itself. Also, make sure you source your photos with photographer and website.

At the end, you want to be careful promoting your articles that are not related to this particular article. I actually got flagged once for that. I had always written, "More Articles by this Author" And I got flagged with them saying, "Promoting websites unrelated to article." They were all from hubpages.

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image88
      Philanthropy2012posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you everyone, I've already started on your advice smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

First - as Angela says, if you include links to other Hubs on unrelated topics, your Hub will be unpublished.  Get rid of them pronto!

Second - photos. I appreciate that they're making a humorous comment on the accompanying text - however, personally I don't like reading a Hub that's one long, skinny column.  Missing out one or two would allow a mix of wide and narrow paragraphs which would be more visually pleasing. 

Like Angela, I'm also a bit concerned that the photos aren't credited and there's an awful lot of them - are you sure you're using them legally?

Finally - what's your objective with this Hub?  To make money, to entertain other Hubbers?  It's useful to know so we can tailor our suggestions accordingly.

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image88
      Philanthropy2012posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile and I suspect like for most people, the objective is to inform and entertain.

I want to write quality articles first and foremost, I wouldn't want to sacrifice reader enjoyment for money!

working