jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

How do we know if our hubs have been entered in a contest or not?

1. LetitiaFT profile image85
    LetitiaFTposted 5 years ago

Does it suffice to publish a hub on the topic of a contest during the contest?
    Example: It is the first day of the recipe contest. I just published my first recipe. Is my recipe hub automatically entered in the contest or is some other action required on my part?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Letitia: The rules are here:
      http://hubpages.com/contest/cookbook

Good luck in the contest!

LetitiaFTposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jason, I did read that, as well as the complete rules provided by link. It just says to publish a hub with a rating capsule. But for other contests I've seen people mention you have to put "contest" in your tags, or like Cagsil mentioned, post a link on a dedicated forum thread (which I couldn't find). So I still don't know if I'm missing something!

I wish HP would simple say "all you need to do is publish a recipe with a rating capsule and you've entered the contest!"

1. Cagsil profile image61
          Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

COOKBOOK CONTEST - HOW TO ENTER
          Join HubPages
          Make sure you are enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Program (this is how we distribute winnings)
          Publish a recipe Hub using the Recipe Capsules, at the minimum, using the Ratings Capsule configured for a recipe

Hey LetitiaFT,

I found the above when I clicked on the "contest" link at the top of every HubPages page.

2. LetitiaFT profile image85

Hi again Jason, didn't realized you worked for HP. That gives me hope.

Can you confirm that all we have to do to enter the cooking contest is publish a recipe with a rating capsule? Thanks a million!

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Last time I had heard, if it's for a contest, then you should be able to post a link to your hub in the forum thread designed for the contest.

I don't know if this is still the case because, rules around here change at a whim.

Thanks Cagsil, following your answer I just spent ten minutes looking for something like that, but couldn't find it. Before that I asked my question I also spent an hour trying to figure out the answer on my own, to no avail. What's a hubber to do? Thanks again for the suggestion.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image91
        Victoria Lynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I did the same thing looking for an answer. Usually we have to tag our entry with something, but this time the instructions don't address it at all. I guess we don't have to, but I think I'll take it with something. "Contest" at least.

Hi Victoria, in doubt, I went ahead and added a contest tag too. I sure hope this does the trick! Best of luck to you!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to tag it with contest, that will be seen as an unrelated tag. Just use a recipe capsule, that is all you need.

Thank you for stating that explicitly, Uninvited Writer. I sure hope you're sure!

1. Victoria Lynn profile image91

Me, too! Maybe we should remove the tags then? I don't think it's really unrelated, though. Well, if the contest told us explicitly what to do as it usually does, we wouldn't have to wonder!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
                Jason Menayanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It does, as Cagsil and Uninvited Writer pointed out. There is no mention of tagging in this contest's rules. smile

EDIT: Just to be clear, the one recipe Capsule that's required is the Ratings Capsule (there are others, and we strongly encourage you to use them, like the Nutrition Capsule, Cook Time Capsule, etc.).

Oh thank you thank you! smile

2. Victoria Lynn profile image91

Yes, thank you. You're right. The instructions don't mention tagging this time, so we thought we were missing something, as it usually does address tagging our submissions. Now we know! Thanks for clearing this up!

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

working