jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Spelling mistake in url

1. sjwigglywoo profile image74
    sjwigglywooposted 5 years ago

I published a new hub yesterday and it wasn't until I was adding my link somewhere else that I noticed that I had spelled vegetables as vegeatbles! Will this affect my hub being indexed by Google ect? I started the hub in the early hours when perhaps I should have been catching some Zzzzz's

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It won't hurt that much, as long as your title is okay. The content is more important. And it might bring up your hub when someone searching makes the same typo.

sjwigglywooposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh good! Thanks for taking the time to reply. The title is fine and I checked through the content several times before publishing it reading it out aloud ect. I started the hub in the early hours. I guess that is why I missed the stupid mistake.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
          Maddie Ruudposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think we all have a few Hubs like that. If it isn't published yet, you can just start a new Hub with the correct URL and move everything over, but that takes time. After publication, it may be better to leave it up with the misspelled URL, in order not to break backlinks to the article.

Hi Maddie, it is a new hub that I have published. If it is not going to affect being indexed then I shall leave it as it is. Thanks for your input.

2. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This should not have any adverse effect on your hub. Google looks at titles and hub content for search information. I have a one when I first started here that is not even related to the subject of the hub, when I was a mere pup a learning. smile I left it and it was not negatively effected because of that error.

Hi Dale, thanks for letting me know.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85

You are most welcome. I thought a "hub" was like a web ring, when I first started... like you created a group or circle of hubs that was theme based, lol. So my first hub url was a reflection of the overall topic of what now is a hub group I have on HP. Talk about jumping in and not knowing. smile

I did exactly the same thing on another platform! I had this grand idea and started with all the titles and urls being the same and then - and what that particular page topic was. Doh!!! As they say you live and learn. In fact I'm still learning lol

I think we never stop learning, lol. smile I learn new stuff here and elsewhere on a daily basis. Not like those many years ago as a youngster that thought he knew it all....and made so many wrong choices and decisions, lol.

That is very true, my nan will often say "well I never knew that, you learn something new everyday"  and she's 89. Cripes I have got a lot of learning to do as yet! I still make rash decisions, and often they come back and bite me. I need to learn to take a deep breath and a step back for a minute or two, old habits are hard to break!

You are absolutely correct. smile About stepping back at times. smile

2. tamron profile image72
    tamronposted 5 years ago

I would leave it because a lot of people misspell vegetables.

3. sjwigglywoo profile image74
    sjwigglywooposted 5 years ago

Hi tamron, yes I am obviously one of those, I must write it 20-30 times a day and still often mis-spell it as I write. Thank goodness for spell checker! Reminder to self never start a hub in the early hours!

working