jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Has hubpages taken over your life?

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Do you have a slightly unhealthy obsession with the site

How many hours a week do you spend on here and how many hubs do you publish on average each month?

I'm intrigued to know

1. profile image0
      MakJoSiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pretty much unhealthy here, haha!i I started 2 days and wrote 20 hubs, all lengthy stuff too, what do you think? I think it is taking over 10 hours a day or something? wow!

2. WannaB Writer profile image93
      WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If I'm writing a hub or two, I might spend 5-8 hours on the site. If I'm not writing a hub, I might spend an hour reading other hubs, commenting, checking stats, or spending time in the forums. It all depends on what else I have on the schedule that day.

I although I wrote about being a HubPages addict, I don't think it's unhealthy. It's all part of a business plan. I'm trying to write two hubs a week now, or more during contest. I will probably be able to keep to that schedule unless my day job (the book business) gets busy again, or if we go on vacation. I want to get to 100 hubs by the end of summer.

3. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No. I incorporated it into my life. wink

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Slightly unhealthy I suppose.

One to two hours per day spread across checking stats, writing, drawing, tweaking, spamming.

I am down to publishing about 4 pages a month now - it gets slightly less each month.  That is partly because I spent the first year creating a heap of garbage, and I need to fix it or forget it.

I still have hopes that I can make a living from this internet game so that allows me some guilt free obsession.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Great source of random ideas outside my own.

4. tamron profile image53
    tamronposted 5 years ago

I "was" spending to much wasting time on hubpages,checking stats,pinging and checking earnings without writing a single hub.

I figured out it is impossible to figure Google out so I been either fixing the crap I already have when I can't figure out ideas to write about.

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

I publish one Hub a week.  Sometimes more.  It depends on the ideas that I have posted on my desktop.  So far, I have more than enough articles to write.   HubPages has not take over my life, but it is part of my retirement schedule.  I'm not one to obsess over stats, so it's the writing that I focus on.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

no...life has taken over.....

7. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I used to spend quite a few hours...maybe 8 or more on HP each day. Of course it wasn't all in one block. Then I got ill about a month ago so was unable to come by often. Now I am feeling about 75% I spent all day here yesterday and now it's minutes to three in the morning and here I am.

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow cardisa- 3 AM!!!

Would you consider that a little unhealthy?

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe, but I need HP right now. It prevents me from going crazy.

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
          paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here. big_smile

8. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

At the moment, I spend a lot of time here in HP as I have no garden to take care of and don´t have to go to the internet café here in Germany. I don´t even count the time I spent in a day. I would say 4 hours in the afternoon, the rest are in between my household chores and before going to bed.

9. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Let's face it. We are all doomed! lol

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That may be the case, but it doesn't matter. lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Every day is an adventure.

working