- Education and Science
Trivia, Trivia, Trivia..............We Love Trivia
Me and Trivia
I love collecting useless tidbits of knowledge. Trivia always gives you something to talk about. With that statement, I'm about to give you 50 conversation starters.
Trivia, Trivia and more Trivia
- Each year 8800 people injure themselves with toothpicks.
- In 1922 Theresa Vaughn committed bigamy 62 times in 5 years, in Sheffield England.
- A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
- Attila the Hun bled to death from a nosebleed on his wedding night in 453 AD.
- A shrimp's heart is in its head.
- The word skeleton is derived from the Greek, the literal translation is "Dried Up."
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, or it will digest itself.
- Between 1300-1500 it was illegal for Englishmen to have 3 meals in one day.
- To escape the grip of an alligator, push your thumbs into its eyeballs.
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- The first US President to die in office was William Henry Harrison, in 1841.
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
- In 1828 a Dutch chocolate-maker produced the world's first chocolate candy.
- There is a city named "Rome" on every Continent.
- In 1608 Thomas Coyrat introduced eating with a fork to England.
- Peanut is one ingredient in the production of dynamite.
- In the Antarctic Penguin urine make up 3% of the ice.
- Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off.
- Turks call Turkeys American Birds.
- Louis the 14th was born with 2 teeth.
- Most lipstick contain fish scales.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- A human can shed up to 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
- Bees kill more people each year than snakes.
- The only number in English where the letters are in alphabetical order is 40 (Forty).
- The Elephant is the only animal that can't jump.
- The Kilt originated in France.
- The longest word in the English language typed with the left hand is "stewardesses."
- Children grow faster during spring.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- A cow can be lead upstairs, but not downstairs.
- Over 6 billion dust mites usually inhabits a typical bed.
- Casinos in Las Vegas don't have clocks.
- A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- To keep food from freezing, Eskimos use refrigerators.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 years old or older.
- Scissors were invented by Leonardo de Vinci.
- All polar bears are left handed.
- Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
- A group of frogs is called an army.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- The hamburger was invented by Louis Lassen in 1900. He ground beef, broiled it, and served it between two pieces of toast.
- There are more than twice as many kangaroos as people in Australia.
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.
- Shaking hands transfer more germs than kissing.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows, it was a fashion statement in Renaissance Florence.
- The most popular name in the world is Muhammad.
- A group of rhinos is called a crash.
- Tigers have striped skin not just fur.
Want More Trivia?
Links To More Trivia
- 50 Trivia Conversation Starters
Do you want to be the hit of the party, with quirky trivia? Read on and find awesome conversation starters. Trivia, trivia, and more trivia, let's go.
- Trivia, Trivia And More Trivia
Well I did ask on the last hub did you want more. Although I didn't wait for your answer, it's here anyway. I am providing 50 more conversation starters. A 1951 census in India indicated there were...
- BOAT TRIVIA QUIZ
We compiled this Boat Trivia Quiz several years ago, printed up copies and used it at a US Power Squadron rendezvous. Everyone had a great time. Since then, we have used it at several other gatherings of...
- General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
Free Trivia Quiz. Test your general knowledge. Three sets of General Information Trivia Games for you to enjoy.
- Music Trivia Quiz
Let us put your music knowledge in the test, here is a collection of collection of easy to hard free trivia quiz for you to enjoy.
- Trivial Pursuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia